Belltech or MGNaughtys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big john 02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok guys like it says who's doing what and y
why?

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Plenty of discussions about this if you use the search function or visit the lowered forum.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And honestly its hard to say cause its all based on personal opinion.. kinda like whats hotter blonde or brunette. We all have out reasons why we like certain products vs other...

but what is the intended use of either kit looks or performance? of its looks you cant really go wrong with either. They are competitively priced to each other, they both offer basically the same kit, the only variance is if you want a knuckle kit vs spring drop. But as Avgas mentioned, there is tons and tons of info and opinion and discussion in this section of the forum.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I used the BT due to not liking the spindles moving my front wheels out a little on the McG. I used the 2/4 kit, retained the factory front shocks and used their Street Performance ones in the rear, rode fine for me.

OP
OP
B

big john 02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks I have used the McG on my 2013 but figured I would see what everyone was saying before I bought one for my 2014

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used the BT due to not liking the spindles moving my front wheels out a little on the McG. I used the 2/4 kit, retained the factory front shocks and used their Street Performance ones in the rear, rode fine for me.

How much do they move them out? and do you know if its a ball joint location difference or knuckle face being farther out from the center line of the ball joint..

Depending on how much material is there I suppose one could machine down the knuckle face to mount the unit bearing hub farther in to regain the clearance on the fender lip if that is an issue?

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Running the MCG deluxe on my 12 the wheels hanging out a little don't bother me any. It gives it a squatted and pissed off look in the front. I decided on the MCG deluxe kit because I wanted to get my alignment back in spec. And didn't feel like I could get it back. To my satisfaction with the Belltech kit.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
How much do they move them out? and do you know if its a ball joint location difference or knuckle face being farther out from the center line of the ball joint..

Depending on how much material is there I suppose one could machine down the knuckle face to mount the unit bearing hub farther in to regain the clearance on the fender lip if that is an issue?

I think Matt said like 1/2" each side maybe?

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think Matt said like 1/2" each side maybe?

Damn that's alot. Hmmm may have to rethink what I was thinking until I see if the wheels will tuck and not make fender lip contact. I'm close now with the misaligned camber on the BT kit

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I just did the BT 2/4 with SP shocks and Helwig sway bar in the back 2 weeks ago. Rides better than stock (but still not as firm as I would like). Has less teeter tottering front to back. Cornering is much improved but Im sure that has something to do with the sway bar. I have about 2 inches from the fender to the tire front and back. No rubbing on stock tires. There is a heat shield or something you have to bend where the drive shaft gets next to the gas tank.

OP
OP
B

big john 02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well i went with the bell tech kit and the street performer shocks. now if I can only did the truck outta the 5 feet of snow its buried under lol