Check your BellTech front shocks!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
FWIW I pushed my bushings back into place at about 250 miles on the ODO...it's about 1800 now and they haven't moved a bit.

OP
OP
The Q

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a little more clarification from BellTech on the bushing they suggested be removed before installing their Street Performance front shocks. From looking at the initial photo BellTech sent I was under the impression that the spacer was loose on the shaft between the shock dust cover and top of the piston shaft. When I got my replacement shocks from them I saw no spacer. I pulled out my old shocks and found no spacer there either. BellTech clarified for me, and I'll pass it along here that the spacer they (BellTech) are referring to is the spacer stuck inside the shocks' dust cover. You can remove the spacer with the tap of a punch and hammer. I've added some pictures for those like me that need a little visual aid. I'm not sure if I'll replace the factory shocks, but when and if I do the spacer is now removed!

image_zps3f5a61af.jpg

image-2_zps45aa23c2.jpg

14RAMRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I couldn't get the dust covers through the lower arm hole? Anybody else ?

OP
OP
The Q

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They'll fit, you just have to bring them closer to the spindle side of the hole in the lower control arm. They just barely fit, but they do fit.

14RAMRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm kk. If I still have them I'll give it a try . It's about time I check the torque on everything .

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just kept trying to force it in and pushing. Eventually it will make it's way in.

:roflsquared:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I took off my SP shocks last night and just put my factory back on.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Why??? What happened???

I got QA1s sitting here waiting for install.

Same thing happened, passenger side walked off the bushing. So I may play with the BT SP shocks and remove spacer, and retry if they feel this is the fix.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn, sorry to hear that... Somehow I got lucky and haven't had any problems with mine, but after hearing about the problems others are having, it made me kinda disappointed...

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
It's cool BT was all over helping me get repalcements, etc....just in the moment, until I feel 100% removing the spacer helps, I will keep them on the shelf.
Like The Q mentioned, driving with the factory shock on the front, it actually rides nice.

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same thing happened, passenger side walked off the bushing. So I may play with the BT SP shocks and remove spacer, and retry if they feel this is the fix.

I'm on my second set/ the set they sent me as replacements a couple months ago... Starting to feel bouncy again. I need to get under the truck and check again... but this Texas heat doesn't help me with getting it done

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm on my second set/ the set they sent me as replacements a couple months ago... Starting to feel bouncy again. I need to get under the truck and check again... but this Texas heat doesn't help me with getting it done

That is how mine feel now too, soft and bouncy. Also, when I hit a serious of bumps or a rough part of road, I get this clunking or popping sound on all four corners...

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
date today is Mar 9th and my lowering (Belltech 2/4 including pan hard bar) is next week, do I need to worry??????