Control Arm & Panhard Length

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MPJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those of you using adjustable control arms and panhard with the Belltech 2/4 on 2wd rcsb: What are the bushing distances center to center the when properly adjusted? I'm looking to mod my stock control arms and panhard for alignment.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your going to cut and extend them?

OP
OP
M

MPJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I was considering.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't... may just be me but I don't think its ever a good idea to have a welded joint on a control arm... to much risk if you ask me.

If you have some steel laying around you could easily make new ones though.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Buy the fully adjustable set from Spohn and save the headaches

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stock units feel like tin cans compared to the Spohn parts

OP
OP
M

MPJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Factory units have welded ends. I'm not real concerned about loosing any durability with cutting and welding. I do that for a living (military and government certified, etc.). Plus I would beef them up. That being said, aftermarket would save work, be adjustable, and have higher quality bushings. That's most likely the way I will go, but then again I like a challenge and saving money.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Factory units have welded ends. I'm not real concerned about loosing any durability with cutting and welding. I do that for a living (military and government certified, etc.). Plus I would beef them up. That being said, aftermarket would save work, be adjustable, and have higher quality bushings. That's most likely the way I will go, but then again I like a challenge and saving money.

Then I'd build your own but wouldn't splice them, you know how to fab and know the loads these arms see and the minimum wall thickness factory uses and how hard it is to weld thick to thin in a splice situation .

If you want a challenge and fab get the parts to make them , they are easy to fab with basic knowledge and skill.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I agree. If you have the ability, I would start from scratch and build your own before trying to modify the stock arms. I think you would be happier with the end result.

OP
OP
M

MPJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't realize the factory parts were that flimsy. Sounds like working from scratch would be better than modifying.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
A big gain you get is from the upgraded bushings/spherical joints, not just from the changed length compared to the stock arms. The del-sphere joints of the spohn arms allow the axle to move freely side to side without binding like the rubber bushings do as the axle cycles up and down along the arc of the panhard bar.