Cutter-Ups locating arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well we got Robs locating arms on,and I have to say the truck is a lot nicer to drive now. We set the pinion angle at roughly 1.5 degrees down. Between Robs bars and Ryans relocation the brackets it's a night and day difference in how the truck hooks and launches now,it also goes absolutely straight now no more wanting to fishtail on a nitrous launch on street tires,gotta love that,lol. Hopefully a bit later Rob will post up pic's of the arms installed. BTW the weight difference between Robs arms and the stock arms,is just a wee bit,lol. We cut one of the stock bars in half and I was a bit shocked at how light the steel is on the stock arms,and it's not even a DOM quality bar. These are well worth the money.
Rick

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
They're about 1100 Canuck Gary,or about 50 bucks USD,lol. I think he's going to build them a bit lighter and they won't be as much money.This set is total overkill,way heavier then they probably need to be,especially after we cut the end off a stock arm,and discovered how light duty the factory arms are.This set he made out of 0.250" wall Dom tubing,and they're probably more suited to a D8 Cat,lol.Hopefully Rob will get around to posting pics later.
Rick

cutterupRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Rick truck is always a great truck to work on. Always so clean lol. We weighed the old stock arms and the new ones. Mine are heavier. But I would rather heavy then too light.

Attachments

• file5.jpg
    file5.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 69
  • file6.jpg
    file6.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 72
  • file7.jpg
    file7.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 82
  • file8.jpg
    file8.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 68

Trapinator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rick truck is always a great truck to work on. Always so clean lol. We weighed the old stock arms and the new ones. Mine are heavier. But I would rather heavy then too light.
Interested in a set of these when everything's finalized. I'm waiting on my relocation brackets to be here any day now.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They're about 1100 Canuck Gary,or about 50 bucks USD,lol. I think he's going to build them a bit lighter and they won't be as much money.This set is total overkill,way heavier then they probably need to be,especially after we cut the end off a stock arm,and discovered how light duty the factory arms are.This set he made out of 0.250" wall Dom tubing,and they're probably more suited to a D8 Cat,lol.Hopefully Rob will get around to posting pics later.
Rick

W/ the Illicit brackets installed how far off was the pinion angle still off?

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
W/ the Illicit brackets installed how far off was the pinion angle still off?

Gary it was with-in spec at about 1 degree down. I wanted a bit more though to create a little more body separation,so we set the pinion angle at 1.5 with Robs arms

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Rob those look awesome!!!! Really beefy...I am also interested in a set for my truck...I am not lowered nor run at the track. I also would like a heavy duty track bar that will clear the mag-hytec cover. :happy107:

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm pretty pleased with how the truck works now,between Robs arms and Ryans brackets,the truck hooks a lot better now. On street tires I would go up in tire smoke at anything under 25mph and spin all the way through 3rd,now it just barely hazes the rear tires ,as it hooks hard and doesn't want to go sideways anymore.

cutterupRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I have now just started making the one rear track bar for these trucks. the heavy one i was making is crazy over kill and doesn't clear the big covers. The bar i do make is 3 times the stock bar and adjustable as well. I have the parts on hand 90% of the time to build them.

DARKNHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have now just started making the one rear track bar for these trucks. the heavy one i was making is crazy over kill and doesn't clear the big covers. The bar i do make is 3 times the stock bar and adjustable as well. I have the parts on hand 90% of the time to build them.

Are you willing to powder coat ur bars a specific color from NIC/prismatic powders if I pay for the powder?

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
the heavy one i was making is crazy over kill and doesn't clear the big covers. The bar i do make is 3 times the stock bar and adjustable as well.
Are we correct in thinking you are not going to make a rear track bar for the 1500 Rams that is going to clear the big after market differential covers?
If so, your track bars are no different than your competition.

Attachments

• 03-30-17 Bar 1.jpg
    03-30-17 Bar 1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Mark it's the overkill heavy duty bar that won't clear the aftermarket covers.The lighter version the one that Rob is still making is offset and I think clears all the aftermarket diff covers. If somebody does want the heavy duty version,i'll sell mine, it's overkill and a bit heavy for my application.I'm on a lightweight kick for the track these days,and want his lighter version,lol.
Rick

cutterupRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
as it stands right now i am doing some r/d on the trac bars with a different bushing. and making it so the tube size i want to use will clear all covers. i not happy with the trac bar bushing life in the current bushing.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
I'm interested in a set of these, stock length, to use with the Illicit no-cut brackets. How much shipped to Florida?

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Rob... I am still interested in a set of rear upper and lower arms as well as a beefy track bar with the better bushings. Hoping you can get the Synergy bushings on there as well. Please post as soon as something is available!