factory air ride install afterthought?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barcelo5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 6 speed with mds
Just wondering if its even possible to have the factory air ride installed on my 1500 sport? I've heard its a $1500 option when ordering but wondering how much it would be after the fact? I know there's probably more viable options out there but would love that factory look and feel. Anyone out there ever do this or looked into it?

kcbigbadram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I'm sure it would be much cheaper to just trade your truck in for a new one with air suspension.

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm sure it would be much cheaper to just trade your truck in for a new one with air suspension.

I can guarantee it will cost much more if it's even possible at all. You're talking about changing the entire suspension setup, not to mention you'd also need the computers to recognize it which I doubt can be flashed on like other things. You're by far better off either living without it, or trading in for one with it.

OP
OP
Barcelo5

Barcelo5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 6 speed with mds
I hear you guys. Was just a thought. Didn't realize what was all behind it. Was thinking it was just bags on the existing struts and a tank in the back lol! Looks like bilstien's will have to do!!

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha and here I am trying to figure out a list of parts I would need to strip the air ride suspension out of my sport. So that I could lower the truck

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh I know I can buy the adjustable arms from Bullys but I want a 2/4 drop which means I'd be on my bump stops for my air suspension all the time

S

scotts2012ram

You can use the ridetech system but it's only a 2/2 drop. They told me if I lower it down to 4 in the back and drive it I'd bust the rear bags