Front Coil spring info/research

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After reading on the forum that the R/T's have a different coil than the others I did a little research with the dealer parts guru found out that all regular cab short bed V8 equipped trucks use the same front coil spring #68030305AD

While V6 equipped trucks of the same build use #55398385AD

Parts guru figured this is the same for the CrewCab, and quad cab equipped trucks and the odd man out is the Eco Diesel. So basically they are all the same and not sports version. He was trying to find the spring rate info but couldn't and also kinda figured the the Eco Diesel would be a better spring for a stiffer ride for cornering but that was just an opinion.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Do you think that the only thing that changes is the shocks between the v8 models?

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't see why, didn't research those part numbers. I would assume the shocks match the springs, if the models share the same part number I would assume they share the same shock.