GForce 2/3 drop but wanting to go lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBeej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just picked up a 2013 1500 2wd Crew Cab that the dealer installed a Ground Force 2/3 drop kit and 22" KMC Sync's. However after looking at some of the trucks in this section, I'd like to go lower. So I figured I would ask in this section to see what kind of options I have.

I'll post up some pics later today.

Thanks,
Brandon

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
McGaughy's spindles to start in the front, and trim a coil off the rear.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
McG's spindles and GF front springs, then I used the MCG's 2wd kit in the rear to bring the back down 6". Also changed out to Belltech 2wd rear shocks, adjustable spohn rear control arms and panhard bar. Upgraded the inner CV joint to the KORE high angle on OEM front axles.

I'm swapping out the rear 2wd springs in the coming months for an adjustable air spring kit from Hellwig so I can have absolute control on rear ride height all in one package rather than have a spring, air bag, and shock combo.

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
McG's spindles and GF front springs, then I used the MCG's 2wd kit in the rear to bring the back down 6". Also changed out to Belltech 2wd rear shocks, adjustable spohn rear control arms and panhard bar. Upgraded the inner CV joint to the KORE high angle on OEM front axles.

I'm swapping out the rear 2wd springs in the coming months for an adjustable air spring kit from Hellwig so I can have absolute control on rear ride height all in one package rather than have a spring, air bag, and shock combo.

Thats AWESOME! I would love to see your setup.
I installed the 2/3 GF kit last spring and have been wanting more ever since. didnt know you could mix the 2wd and 4wd parts.
Id love a 3/4 drop overall. Not sure a 4/6 would work with all my other hobbies....

OP
OP
T

TheBeej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ended up running the McG's 2/4 deluxe kit like suggested. So up front I currently have the 2" drop spindles with the GF 2" drop springs. Rear I used the 4" drop springs and cut 1.5 coils off. Also kept the GF drop shocks at all 4 corners, ride is fairly good however I hit the rear bump stops from time to time and I also rub the front inner finder liners due to running 22" KMC Slides with 275/45/22's. I'll post up pics this weekend after I get it cleaned up again, dang dust from the rail yard lol.

Brandon

OP
OP
T

TheBeej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not the greatest picture of all. I promise to post up some better ones once this TX weather goes back to normal. Specs so far:

'13 Express Crew
22" KMC Sync's w/ 285/45/22
Tri-Flip Tonneau
5% tint all the way around w/ 5% brow
VaraRam
Drop is a combination of GForce 2/3 and McG's 2/4 Deluxe
And hopefully this weekend a DODm80 from MOE's

13Low1_zps993fb01e.jpg

thapr3dat0r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is freakin sweet looking!! Not a huge fan of most aftermarket wheels I see here (except SRT wheels) but those are very nice. I am actually considering those now. Drop looks perfect. Beautiful truck man, thanks for the pic. Damn, I regret being 4x4 sometimes :/

BTW: DODM80 is the ****!!! Wouldn't go any quieter. Makes this truck sound as bad ass as it looks.

OP
OP
T

TheBeej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks!

As for the wheels I was pretty iffy at first. I even considered trying to trade for some Slides, but it seems a ton of people run them or the SRT wheels. So now that the Sync's have grown on me I will be keeping them.

Matt at Moe's hooked me up and the dod shipped out today! Hopefully I'll get around to a set of 4.10's and some other goodies this summer.

OP
OP
T

TheBeej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dang double post

Last edited:

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
If you want to sell your 2/3 let me know.

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sweet drop looks good , how far out is your rims from the fender ?

OP
OP
T

TheBeej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LHemi, the drop was done by using both kits and the only pieces I didn't use from the 2/3 kit were the rear springs.

Warmage, I haven't measured how far out they stick but it is very noticeable to me anyways. If I had to guess prob 1/2 to 3/4". Once the weather down here warms back up and I can clean it up some more I will post up some better pictures including the front showing the distance.

Brandon