Hellwig Sway Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
I added these to my truck with a set of KYB shocks and it's a different truck.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got the front and rear sway bars on my truck, the new rear sway bar kits come with the 4 bolts to attach to the axle, so if you have an express without a sway bar you don't have to pay 6 bucks a bolt at the dealer. Hellwig stands by their product, had an issue with one the adjustable end links becoming stuck, emailed their tech support, they sent a new one out the next day at no cost to me.

Mishalnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much do they weigh? For shipping because im not in america (the rear one )

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Just installed one on my truck as well...picked one up on sale... it was a little tricky getting the nut loose on the end links. Had to use some channel locks to keep it from spinning. Is there a special technique to hold stock end links in place? I almost wanted to replace with a beefier set which has nut on each side. I installed on the middle link. Looking forward to driving and testing it out.:superhack:

matt owens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
what is the difference between this one and the factory sway bars? is the hellwig bigger as well?
im learning about suspensions. i currently have a 2/3 drop on my r/t and it sways like a sob. i cant believe how tiny the factory sway bar is.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
what is the difference between this one and the factory sway bars? is the hellwig bigger as well?
im learning about suspensions. i currently have a 2/3 drop on my r/t and it sways like a sob. i cant believe how tiny the factory sway bar is.

The factory rear swaybar is hollow,so is the front swaybar on the 4X4's,i'm not sure if the front bar on the 2X4's is hollow though. The Hellwig is 7/8" diameter. There is a cheap alternative for the rear,you can put the 2500's 1" rear swaybar on the 1500's ,you'll need a couple pieces of flat bar to adapt it to the 1500's mounts though.But it's beefier/stiffer then the Hellwig is,and usually a lot cheaper to buy at a wrecker

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yes, helped my lowered RC Ram. My express rear didn't even actually come with one. So it REALLY helped.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
The factory rear swaybar is hollow,so is the front swaybar on the 4X4's,i'm not sure if the front bar on the 2X4's is hollow though. The Hellwig is 7/8" diameter. There is a cheap alternative for the rear,you can put the 2500's 1" rear swaybar on the 1500's ,you'll need a couple pieces of flat bar to adapt it to the 1500's mounts though.But it's beefier/stiffer then the Hellwig is,and usually a lot cheaper to buy at a wrecker

Do you have any pictures of what needs to be added/changed/fabricated?

Dpressed1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys with the front hellwig bar, were there any issues? I installed one on my cc and after a few miles, it started making a poping noise when going in an incline with wheels turned left or right. Seemed like the bar was sliding causing the links to pop from the shifting. Even with the retaining sleeve, it still shifted. I contacted hellwig and was told by them that it was a common issue with the front ram bars, and that they were working on a solution. They refunded my money back. Just curious if any one else had that issue.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I never replaced front, only rears. Sorry

GL

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only issue I've had is you can see where the tires rub at full lock

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
So if the 2500 rear bar should work and be an upgrade from the small 1500 ….

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mop-68139812ab

Can anyone look up the specs on the replacement from Summit?
- Might be a less expensive alternative ….

*Also, does the 2500 2WD front bar fit the 1500 2WD chassis?
Here are 4 listed on Summit Racing …

2500 swaybar.JPG

Last edited:

Scat Adams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is it necessary to pair a rear sway bar from Hellwig to their front one? Or would I be ok with the stock front and Hellwig rear? This would be going on a '11 single cab Express.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Is it necessary to pair a rear sway bar from Hellwig to their front one? Or would I be ok with the stock front and Hellwig rear? This would be going on a '11 single cab Express.

Ideally yes,but the stock front bar isn't all that bad,so it's not an absolute nessecity to pair them.Another thing to look at is the factory bar you have,there are 2 different sized factory front bars.If I remember right the small one is 32mm and the thicker heavier duty one is 36mm(it's been awhile since I had a 2 wheel drive truck,and alzheimers kicks in once in awhile,so don't quote me on the sizes,lol).Usually the thicker bars are on the longer wheelbased trucks.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So if the 2500 rear bar should work and be an upgrade from the small 1500 ….

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mop-68139812ab

Can anyone look up the specs on the replacement from Summit?
- Might be a less expensive alternative ….

*Also, does the 2500 2WD front bar fit the 1500 2WD chassis?
Here are 4 listed on Summit Racing …

View attachment 208371
I'm following this as well. I want to upgrade my stock rear bar. THe Hellwig is almost 300 bucks. Im hoping to get more info on these 2500 mopar sway bars.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
My 2011 RC just did rear only too