Help with front coil springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Any one have a write up for removing the front coil springs on a reg cab going to cut my springs but if i have to compress them the reinstall to check then i might just buy springs thats alot of work thanks

the rear is cake im gtg with that

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
They have to be compressed. The way I did it on flat ground was to jack up the truck, remove tire control arm and sway bar, and then lower down the axle with the frame on jack stands so that i wouldn't have to compress it as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You shouldnt have to compress it. I was able to install my 3" lift springs without a compressor

OP
OP
blackout11

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
thought the crew cab and reg can had different springs saw a vid where you use a hydraulic jack and let id down slow and it comes out

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
If you have access to a hydraulic lift and disconnect everything from the axle that Is entirely possible to just drop it out. Just be sure to remove the brake line also to get enough drop and not break anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unclemark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi, 4.7
We took the nut off the lower ball joint an the the control arm down by a jack to remove the front springs. Keep in mind that if that spring goes flyin its gonna hurt, and hurt bad. That a lot of tension on that spring.

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Any one have a write up for removing the front coil springs on a reg cab going to cut my springs but if i have to compress them the reinstall to check then i might just buy springs thats alot of work thanks

UMMM WHAT?!?!?...