How do I lower my 2500 ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nashty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
C'MON !!

2010 Ram 2500, 2wd Crew cab short bed. Cummins powered.

I've been searching and can't find anything. Is it possible that there is no off the shelf kit for even a MILD drop? The ONLY thing I could find was airbaggit shackles.

And while I'm at it, where are all the high offset wheels for the 8 lug? I can't find hardly any, and most of them not too hot.

Help !!

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
There are not any off the shelf drop kits for the 2500's. Your best bet is to grab a set of shackles from airbaggit, remove your overload and a few of the leaf spacers out back, and then cut your front coils just enough to make it sit level with the rear. I know a few guys that went this route on their 3rd gens, and they looked great.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know of any off the shelf lowering parts. Most people with 2wd 2500s leave em alone and tow lots with em.

That being said, I think you should lay it out over some 24s! WOOT!

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm loving me some dropped 2500 :D

RamLowered.jpg

jacsyl94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That idea has cross my path, I think it would be sick...any updates in your dream...

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Wow im in lve with that 4th gen there!

spankis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm loving me some dropped 2500 :D

RamLowered.jpg

FYI, I created that picture in Photoshop 1-2 years ago, soon after the 4th gens came out. It's kind of fun to see it make the rounds from another forum to here :).

It is absolutely a photoshop though, not real at all! If I recall, I chopped in the drop obviously, made the wheels larger, widened the rear tires, and shaved the antenna... I was still in school at the time, so photoshopping was always my break during late night homework!

Somebody requested this be done as well:

RamLoweredRockstars.jpg

... but I honestly prefer the cleaner stock look.

Last edited:

spankis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Also, as for the OP's question, I too have been interested in a slight drop of my own 2500. As far as I've found, you really only have the option of shackle dropping the rear, using Airbagits drop shackles, or actually Thuren "Lift" Shackles used inversely. The Thuren is more costly, but honestly appears much better constructed, which is important if you plan on still towing heavy. Also bear in mind that in order to do it correctly, you will likely need a 1 or 2 degree shim to fix your pinion angle after shackle dropping the rear 2".

As for dropping the front, you don't have a lot of options. Yes you could cut the coil, but that is going to have some serious reprocussions - specifically a terrible ride, chewing through stock-length shocks, and potentially not being able to re-align the truck back to factory specs.

Cutting coils has always been the preferred method of lowering for guys who ONLY care about looks, rather than longevity/wear and how the thing actually DRIVES.

Last edited:

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
FYI, I created that picture in Photoshop 1-2 years ago, soon after the 4th gens came out. It's kind of fun to see it make the rounds from another forum to here :).

It is absolutely a photoshop though, not real at all! If I recall, I chopped in the drop obviously, made the wheels larger, widened the rear tires, and shaved the antenna... I was still in school at the time, so photoshopping was always my break during late night homework!

Somebody requested this be done as well:

RamLoweredRockstars.jpg

... but I honestly prefer the cleaner stock look.

Oh lord PLEASE NOT ROCKSTARS!, nice chop man, that looks awesome!

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In my opinion there are other wheels that would set your truck off more than Rockstars...not because they're played out or anything, there are better looking wheels out there

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
In my opinion there are other wheels that would set your truck off more than Rockstars...not because they're played out or anything, there are better looking wheels out there

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

you got it right the first time, rockstars are played out, when i started seeing them on lowered trucks i knew it over