If you have belttech 2/4- Post your rear bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I was seeing if anyone out there that has the Belltech 2/4 (without any air bags lifts) could post a picture of

1. The rear coils sitting on the axle perch.

2. The bumpstop (ideally capture an angle where you can see the amount of space between the bump stop and the axle bumpstop plate)

I just got off the phone with Belltech and was asking them about my issues with the ride quality. (only because it seems that I am a minority in terms of my experience with the Belltech 2/4). They basically said that yea, the truck will ride on the bump stop pretty much. The guy was nice but did not really give me any info I did not know or any "Yea, we have heard a lot of people complain about this, etc. etc."

However, I did ask him what the spring rate was and he said he would get it from the R&D department and email it to me. So we will see if they come through. Thought I do not have the stock spring rates to compare to. At this point it does not really matter because I already ordered the Crown springs but I am definitely curious to see why my truck is riding so different from the majority of yall with the BT 2/4.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I stole this from Dubsteps forum.

FINALLY heard back from Belltech on the spring rates.

Regular cab:
Rear Springs: 5317 progressive springs
rate 1: 88 lbs in.
rate 2: 225 lbs in.
Front Springs: 4762
rate: 800 lbs in.

Extended and crew cab:

Rear Springs: 5318 progressive
rate 1: 120 lbs in.
rate 2: 225 lbs in.
Front Springs: 4763
rate: 800 lbs in.

So basically the regular cab and the crew cab use the same lowering springs up front from Belltech, at least spring rate wise. I'm still waiting to hear from them on the free length of the springs.

I still don't have anything on the factory spring rate or length either.

OP
OP
Ak47bravo

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I stole this from Dubsteps forum.

Thanks for this. I just received an email from Belltech with the rear spring rates. The ones I received actually slightly differ from the ones Dubsteps was given. The difference is the spring rate for the progressive pre load coils for the ext/quad cabs (I was given 94 lbs. per in.)

From Belltech support 9/27/16 @ 10:51 a.m.

Rear springs only
Regular Cab
Part # 5317
Progressive pre load coils 88 lbs. per in.
Main coils 225 lbs. per in.

Ext/Quad cab
Part # 5318
Progressive pre load coils 94 lbs. per in.
Main coils 225 lbs. per in.

With numbers this low I can not imagine these are stiffer than stock springs.