Illicit cut brackets installed on my air ride 2016.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
They where a pain to install but very worth it.

f0c10088cf4393c3b2d5ad5cf83007cc.jpg

267f2aa9486545933bea24a4bc5ab9af.jpg

1f3a3d4214e5d3d0b52510789c250d44.jpg

c03873b77e94c1a98116597b35131820.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whats the difference in overall ride height when fully aired out?

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did u take any measurements before and after to see if it allowed to air out more in the rear?

OP
OP
S

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Whats the difference in overall ride height when fully aired out?

None yet I havent cut the stock cup style bumpstops out yet to tired last night I didnt get done till a little past 11pm. It might be too much drop I only have about an inch until I start getting into the bedside with my tires.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmmmm very interested.

Im debating which option to take, I tend to go through trucks quickly, and generally dont sell them modded, which means i'll need to revert back to stock. Will be a paint to put that top link bracket back on.

OP
OP
S

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Did u take any measurements before and after to see if it allowed to air out more in the rear?

The upper control arm is well out of the way. No measurements yet once I get those cups cut out I will take a before and after. I just wanted to get them installed. At first I thought he had made them wrong then I read the instructions lol you have to install the axle back in the truck with the brackets loose or you will never get them installed. :superhack:

OP
OP
S

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Hmmmm very interested.

Im debating which option to take, I tend to go through trucks quickly, and generally dont sell them modded, which means i'll need to revert back to stock. Will be a paint to put that top link bracket back on.

Yes I had to take the bracket out in sections no way for me to go back stock. I usually trade every year the joys of working at a dealership. If I do trade I will just have to make sure I get the same axle ratio and just swap them out lol. this is my 6th Ram since 2010 Ive had a couple challengers, GT mustang, and a Sierra in between.

OP
OP
S

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Kinda hate taking those suspension pics the things dirty I was going to scrub everything down while I had it apart too didnt work out lol.

OP
OP
S

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Hmmmm very interested.

It drives so much better I was about to order some sway bars I thought the full air ride was effecting the erratic handling I drove it to work this morning about 38 miles and shes solid as a rock.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's your overall impression for the kit? Obviously it doesn't look like a beginner type installation, but for something with extensive fab under their belt is it worth the $$ or just fabbing my own?

OP
OP
S

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
What's your overall impression for the kit? Obviously it doesn't look like a beginner type installation, but for something with extensive fab under their belt is it worth the $$ or just fabbing my own?

I think its great just wished it came around sooner. Definitely not a beginner modification a person will need at least a plasma cutter or a torch to even think about doing this. The brackets are very simple but very well thought out. The angles and the measurements it would take to make them I wouldnt want to mess with it. I will buy them any day of the week to keep from having to do that money well spent in my book. Im very happy with the result but I will have to admit I was a bit scared when I was done cutting the factory mounts off lol. :superhack:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats good info, looking at them i was / am a little skeptical of their design from pictures. I wish i could see it in person. But its good to hear positive feedback on them from someone who has installed them

But with that i will prob pony up the cash for a set. Im still debating on some front mount rework to get a parallel 4link set up but still not sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
This should go without saying but a side note in the instructions it says to unhook the brake lines and then bleed the system when done. Well its much easier to just remove the brake calipers. You can see in my pic I used the gold colored bolts for all the control arms I was tired it was late and I didnt pay attention but you can use the factory upper link bolts. I welded the back of the plates on so I didnt have to drill the holes.. :naughty:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll have to put them on the list of things to do this summer.

OP
OP
S

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Thats good info, looking at them i was / am a little skeptical of their design from pictures. I wish i could see it in person. But its good to hear positive feedback on them from someone who has installed them

But with that i will prob pony up the cash for a set. Im still debating on some front mount rework to get a parallel 4link set up but still not sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Are you in texas?

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you in texas?

Nope, Northern California. So no luck for me seeing them in person anytime soon or until I do it myself. But I need to plan it right cause the whole bed will be coming off when I do it and I will be doing away with the panhard bar and some other rear frame stuff I don't need, and designing and fabing my own hideaway hitch to have a buddy fab me a roll pan. That's the plan atleast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Nope, Northern California. So no luck for me seeing them in person anytime soon or until I do it myself. But I need to plan it right cause the whole bed will be coming off when I do it and I will be doing away with the panhard bar and some other rear frame stuff I don't need, and designing and fabing my own hideaway hitch to have a buddy fab me a roll pan. That's the plan atleast.

We have a pleasant grove in the DFW area but its not so pleasant lol. With the bed off you may not have to remove the axle to install the brackets that would have been nice.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have a pleasant grove in the DFW area but its not so pleasant lol. With the bed off you may not have to remove the axle to install the brackets that would have been nice.

That's kinda my thinking, I have never welded or done fab work without have an axle mocked in place to weld the brackets on.. I'm scared to do it any other way. I don't trust my measurements :rofsquared: even though I think its aligned with the lower link.

With all the other stuff I want to do its prob the best way to not make a mess or bigger problem for myself.

gonzo1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Do you plan on replacing the panhard bar?