I'm on the way......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unclemark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi, 4.7
Well I got my 22's today.... lucked up on a set of new rims and 305/40/22 tires which were a little smaller than I wanted for $1100. Now I just got to decide on either groundforce 2/3 kit with springs or the McGaughy 2/4 kit with new spindles. I like the spindles for the front better but the 3" rear drop would be better since I tow a bass boat and a trailer fairly regular at least once or twice a week. I do have a set of helper airbags that fit inside the stock springs now that I should be able to be used in the drop spring I would think. Any input from you folks would be a big help in making a decision. Thanks for the input.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
the spindles from what I read, puts your front tires out about 1/4" to 1/2" further out than the rears, if that doenst bother you.
Some just do the 4 way springs...ride is debateable.

OP
OP
unclemark

unclemark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi, 4.7
I didnt even think about the spindles changing the front stance..... figured it would be like stock except for the drop. Only reason I like the spindle idea is for alignment reasons but i hear the groundforce kit lines up just like stock and the rear is only 3in so no need to change the track bar location.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know about "No need to change the track bar position" but that's up to you of course. Any change in ride height will shift the axle left to right (er right to left, which ever way).

Is the amount 'negligible' very possibly...

The spindles pushing the front wheels out a touch, widening the front track would just increase stability in turns, not to mention ease 'turn in'. Both of which would help with towing.

hawgfanman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Reg Cab Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had drop spindles on my 3rd gen and the amount that it pushes the wheels out isn't even noticeable unless you took out your tape measure.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah I have the spindles on mine and its hardly noticeable as well, I think the 2/4 would be sweet

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
yup, needs a graivity check :)

OP
OP
unclemark

unclemark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi, 4.7
I know it is...lol way to much fender clearance. I wonder about my extended warranty .... its not a mopar brand warranty but rather one thats backed by my dealer.... its called First Assurance..... coils might be the way to go rather than spindles. If something major goes bad i can lift it back up in a days time ya know.....

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sure looks to me like you will be rubbin in the front w/ any 2/4 kit.

OP
OP
unclemark

unclemark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi, 4.7
Im running 305/40/22's which is a hair smaller than stock but wider. The truck is all stock except for the wheels and exhaust... i need to take a better picture.... its got the clearance just the picture is so dark.....

Last edited:

hawgfanman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Reg Cab Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You definitely don't need to worry about rubbing with the 305/40's. I run 305/45's and have yet to rub with almost 3000 miles on it so far.