just bought all the lowering goodies...i'm pretty jacked..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shynola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
just bought the Belltech 2/4 kit, the Spohn adjustable upper & lower control arms, panhard bar and front & rear Hellwig sway bars...some 22" gunmetal SRT wheels and a set of 305 tires...i'm pretty jacked and can't wait to get to "pullin' some wrenches"...I HOPE it turns out well and it rides and handles outta hand... and would like to say thanks publicly to DavidRam for input/advice..thanks...i'll post before/after pics if anyone's interested...

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
We are always interested in pics. One thing I can tell you if I would have had the option back then before my drop was installed, I would have bought the Belltech lowering kit without the shocks and upgraded straight to the QA!'s. Way better handling and shock adjustment for your diving needs.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's gonna be nasty! In for pics!

DougM55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds fun! Throw a set of Airlift 1000 bags in the rear coils if you're going to tow or haul anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make sure you buy the adjusting tool for those Spohn upper and lower control arms Del-Sphere pivot joints. You'll need it to adjust them after about 10,000 miles. The Del-Sphere pivot joints are nice, but require adjustment every so often to keep them quite. Wish the panhard bar had them too. And I agree with DougM55, get your self a set of AirLift 1000 Durango bags.

OP
OP
shynola

shynola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Make sure you buy the adjusting tool for those Spohn upper and lower control arms Del-Sphere pivot joints. You'll need it to adjust them after about 10,000 miles. The Del-Sphere pivot joints are nice, but require adjustment every so often to keep them quite. Wish the panhard bar had them too. And I agree with DougM55, get your self a set of AirLift 1000 Durango bags.

thanks! i'll go to Spohn's website now...

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just bought the Belltech 2/4 kit, the Spohn adjustable upper & lower control arms, panhard bar and front & rear Hellwig sway bars...some 22" gunmetal SRT wheels and a set of 305 tires...i'm pretty jacked and can't wait to get to "pullin' some wrenches"...I HOPE it turns out well and it rides and handles outta hand... and would like to say thanks publicly to DavidRam for input/advice..thanks...i'll post before/after pics if anyone's interested...

Wow, that's a hell of a set-up you just ordered, congrats man!!! :favorites13:

Looking forward to some pics!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We are always interested in pics. One thing I can tell you if I would have had the option back then before my drop was installed, I would have bought the Belltech lowering kit without the shocks and upgraded straight to the QA!'s. Way better handling and shock adjustment for your diving needs.

I second that, I'm not impressed with the beltech shocks. I will be upgrading to the qa1's if you haven't put it all on and the qa1's fit into your budget pick up a set and save yourself some time and redoing work.

OP
OP
shynola

shynola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks! i'll go to Spohn's website now...

got the tool for the adjustable upper/lower control arms as well as the angle finder...thanks again!

...wheels came in today, hellwig sway bars last Friday, belltech and spohn parts expected tomorrow...oh yeah...nasty!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
IN for pics.

OP
OP
shynola

shynola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

I do hear ya on the QA1's....I actually did get the BT kit w/o the shocks...truth be told I have a friend with a lowered '14 RAM and he had AWFUL service with the Belltech shocks (I believe he had the SP's). He currently has KYB motomaxx shocks on his and couldn't be happier and honestly, his truck rides better than factory. its amazing. That's what I'm going with...the KYB's. i'll be happy to review them with you all after we get a few miles on them...but yeah, one little hiccup out of them and we'll get some QA1's.
..good advice, thanks!

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I do hear ya on the QA1's....I actually did get the BT kit w/o the shocks...truth be told I have a friend with a lowered '14 RAM and he had AWFUL service with the Belltech shocks (I believe he had the SP's). He currently has KYB motomaxx shocks on his and couldn't be happier and honestly, his truck rides better than factory. its amazing. That's what I'm going with...the KYB's. i'll be happy to review them with you all after we get a few miles on them...but yeah, one little hiccup out of them and we'll get some QA1's.
..good advice, thanks!

When are you installing everything?

OP
OP
shynola

shynola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
When are you installing everything?

well...I backed up on the install and i'm letting ARD motorsports (local) do it. They have a strong rep, plus the guy doing it has done one of these '14's before and is familiar with all the parts...plus they're doing a de-badge, front window tint, color-matching the door handles and mirror caps. They're mounting the wheels/tires. i'm good with it. Sometimes its just easier to get a turn-key from others.
But it started today...will pick up middle of next week!

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
in for pics and review

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
well...I backed up on the install and i'm letting ARD motorsports (local) do it. They have a strong rep, plus the guy doing it has done one of these '14's before and is familiar with all the parts...plus they're doing a de-badge, front window tint, color-matching the door handles and mirror caps. They're mounting the wheels/tires. i'm good with it. Sometimes its just easier to get a turn-key from others.
But it started today...will pick up middle of next week!

Nothing wrong with that. I used to turn all of my own wrenches when I was younger. Now I have a 7yr old and a newborn. I'm lucky if I can take a **** in peace these days.

Can't wait to see the pics of it finished. Plans sound awesome.

OP
OP
shynola

shynola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
she's home....should have a few moments tomorrow to upload pics and go over the details...so far, i REALLY like it!

OP
OP
shynola

shynola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
so I got her back and had it the full day yesterday (thurs.) and I have to say first..that the suspension is tight. Seems to be very little to body roll at all. It really screams confidence in curves and corners.
It looks like the suspension is settling down just a bit which I'm glad of. I would love a 3/5 drop but the 2/4 is growing on me and i'm liking it more and more. The plan is/was to keep this as a daily driver and it looks like we've accomplished that...its not SO low that its impractical but still has an aggressive stance..not that anemic factory look.
Just a little more info on the whole suspension set-up...The install was pretty straightforward and I did get the Spohn adjustment tool as well as the angle finder. I really wanted the rear wheels centered in the fenderwells. Something about the geometry of the drive shaft(?) gets jacked up when lowering the rear of these trucks.
The Spohn parts are absolutely "top shelf" in my opinion...very durable, hearty and formidable. Shouldn't have any trouble out of those for years to come. Plus the finish will make washing/cleaning a snap since I love looking thru the fenderwell and the tires and seeing that red lower control arm!
The Hellwig sway bars are nice, very nice, but for some reason I was thinking they would be a little thicker. Now i'm not bashin', by no means...i'm sure the engineers there have it totally figured out. i'm sure its just me, plus after the Spohn parts, i'm sure it would make anything difficult to stack up.
The KYB motomaxx shocks make the ride tremendous. I know that if anything ever happened that I would jump all over the QA1's, but for now, I'm totally satisfied with them. Logic could indicate that since the KYB's and the QA1's are at the same price point that the quality could be equal...but that could be a stretch. We will find out!
So, in sum, I think we hit a home run with the BT 2/4, Spohn adjustable upper/lower control arms, panhard bar, Hellwig front/rear sway bars, KYB motomaxx shocks, front window tint, de-badge, painting the door handles/mirror caps and the 22" SRT reps. Yesterday I couldn't stay out of it and find myself looking into the garage just to look at it.
I love this truck. I love MY truck!

...gonna upload a couple more pics...

Attachments

• unnamed (42).jpg
    unnamed (42).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 75
  • unnamed (33).jpg
    unnamed (33).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 94
  • unnamed (46).jpg
    unnamed (46).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 94
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 86
  • unnamed (44).jpg
    unnamed (44).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
shynola

shynola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
so this is/was my first commentary (above) on any kind of build so I should apologize for rambling and getting off track/topic. I had lots I wanted to say and discuss but of course when I began typing...it escaped me!!!

anyway, a few more pics and i'm happy to discuss any and findings and am always open to suggestions.

Attachments

• unnamed (48).jpg
    unnamed (48).jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 80
  • unnamed (47).jpg
    unnamed (47).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 67
  • unnamed (44).jpg
    unnamed (44).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 78
  • unnamed (40).jpg
    unnamed (40).jpg