Lowered Gurus, please help, 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First things first, 2015 sport 1500 crew cab 4x4. I want the appearance of a 2/4 drop on a 2wd and nothing less. I'm assuming a 2/4 on a 4x4 is not the same as a 2/4 on a 2wd since the 4x4 sits higher from the factory, correct? I plan to run the SRT 22" reps with 305/45/22 as well.

So after reading through a bajillion threads the past two days I have read so much different info I seem to be more confused than when I started out.

The only kit I see listed that is 4x4 specific is the GF 9984 and it is advertised as a 2/3, although it looks like some people were netting more than 3" in the rear. I have also read that some people run the McGuaghrys spindles up front for a 2wd on their 4x4 even though they are not listed as compatible.

Some people say go with a spring drop all around, some say use spindles up front. Some people say cut your factory springs. some people say get a drop spring for the rear and cut it for more drop. So what does everybody recommend for the 4x4 to get it where it looks like a 2wd with a 2/4 drop?

I am also reading about helwig, spohn, and even f150 end links.

So what all do I need, right up front, so I can do everything all at once, the drop, relocate the rear axle, make sure the sway bars are in the right place etc.???

Sorry for the long post and asking all the same questions that have inevitably been asked before in other threads. I'm just trying to get all the answers in one place from the guys who have the experience and can point me in the right direction to do everything right the first time. Thanks :favorites13:

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently (2 weeks ago) lowered my '14 RCSB 4x4 with the Mcgaughys 44050 Deluxe kit. I've had Zero issues with it, fitment was bang on, alignment was not and issue and ride quality is very impressive. Best of all it looks good! You may have rubbing issues with the 305's though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
Milt IV

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently (2 weeks ago) lowered my '14 RCSB 4x4 with the Mcgaughys 44050 Deluxe kit. I've had Zero issues with it, fitment was bang on, alignment was not and issue and ride quality is very impressive. Best of all it looks good! You may have rubbing issues with the 305's though.

Your truck looks great! The deluxe kit comes with the sway bar end links, track bar bracket, and bump stops correct? So would I still need the helwig sway bar to prevent wobble and Spohn adjustable pan hard bar and control arms to get the axle centered?

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your truck looks great! The deluxe kit comes with the sway bar end links, track bar bracket, and bump stops correct? So would I still need the helwig sway bar to prevent wobble and Spohn adjustable pan hard bar and control arms to get the axle centered?

You're correct with the included parts. I didn't purchase anything extra and have no issues up to 80mph, haven't taken it any faster yet.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate to introduce more uncertainty, but a local friend lowered his RCSB with the McG deluxe kit, and ended up going back to the stock shocks for better ride quality. That said, with the end links and other pieces you get with the kit makes it worth it even if yo don't use everything.

OP
OP
Milt IV

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hate to introduce more uncertainty, but a local friend lowered his RCSB with the McG deluxe kit, and ended up going back to the stock shocks for better ride quality. That said, with the end links and other pieces you get with the kit makes it worth it even if yo don't use everything.

This thread is old. I ended up going with the Ground Force springs and shocks and cut the rear springs a little bit to get more drop out back. I also went with 24s instead of 22s and run a 305/35r24 tire.

DARKNHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This thread is old. I ended up going with the Ground Force springs and shocks and cut the rear springs a little bit to get more drop out back. I also went with 24s instead of 22s and run a 305/35r24 tire.

Since it's revived and all... Do you have any rubbing at all on your setup as it's pretty much what I am going with, as soon as I get my Holiday Bonus!

OP
OP
Milt IV

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Since it's revived and all... Do you have any rubbing at all on your setup as it's pretty much what I am going with, as soon as I get my Holiday Bonus!

Absolutely zero rubbing issues period. Wish I did, wish I was lower.

DARKNHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So do you think you will pull your springs, and cut further?

OP
OP
Milt IV

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So do you think you will pull your springs, and cut further?

For now, no. Ultimately I will send this truck off for a full custom air suspension front and rear to lay frame tucking a set of big ol' billets.

I know if I cut more off the springs now I'm going to run into problems and end up spending more money so rather that do that I'm just going to drive as is and start stacking for the air ride.