Lowered Ram R/T (Belltech) Acting unstable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J3FF3RSON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I recently picked up a Ram R/T with 4000 miles on it. It was lowered by the previous owner with a Belltech kit, which looks great, but I'm wondering if it's the cause of some issues. I decided to show a friend what my tunes R/T could do, so We hit the Ramp to I-65 and took the truck to about 95 and let off. The Ram, started to feel unstable over 80MPH, swaying from side to side under full throttle. I realize this is a Truck, and not a Sports car, but even my Ram Sport Crew Cab doesn't act like this on the Highway. And it doesn't stop there... sometime if I hit a dip in the road, the front end bounces several times until it levels itself out... more pronounced under acceleration.

What could be my problem? Is there a better option for lowering? Should I invest in aftermarket sway bars?

Thanks for the help guys.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
We've gone through this several times with the Belltech kit and have come up with a comprehensive list for the best performance. Hellwig front and rear sway bars, adjustable rear control arms and panhard bar from Spohn, upgrade the shocks to QA1s, and if you're really looking for handling then you have new axle mounts fabricated to correct the geometry issues.

Start with the sway bars and adjustable panhard bar; the adjustable control arms will help correct the pulled forward look of the rear wheels in the wheel wells plus correct the pinion angle. The shocks are an upgrade but are optional. If you're running the Belltech shocks, check the front lower bushings, they have been known to work their way out of the lower shock mount.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If you do the suspension right you can be stable up to 170mph, which is what I've had my QC up to with my suspension upgrades.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Basically all what charonblk07 said.
I have a 2011 R/T that would wiggle at higher speeds, I already had upgraded front and rear sway bars but they did not have proper length end links in the rear. Once I replaced them with adjustable ones that should have come with the kit originally and dialed them in I'm good to 120+ dont really know how fast since speedo only goes to 120.

Also when I put on the adjustable panhard bar helped, but I think that is a tracking type issue with the groves of the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye