Lowering 2016 RCSB 1500 R/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my first post and I just purchased this new 1500. I am new at this so please bear with me. I would like to lower using either Belltech or Ground Force lowering kit. I see Belltech mentioned but after speaking w/ factory they say they don't make a kit for 2016. My local shop suggested Ground Force, w/ a 2/3 drop. Tires are 285/45R 22 on 9"x22 rims.. I also would like to go with a Borla S Type exhaust. Had Borla on an 05' Vette, was great. Hoping for same results, sound more aggressive than Magnaflow. Would appreciate thoughts and comments.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I used the BT 2/4 on my RCSB 2011. But reuse the factory front shocks, and just use the SP shocks on the rear. Other than that I liked mine.

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my first post and I just purchased this new 1500. I am new at this so please bear with me. I would like to lower using either Belltech or Ground Force lowering kit. I see Belltech mentioned but after speaking w/ factory they say they don't make a kit for 2016. My local shop suggested Ground Force, w/ a 2/3 drop. Tires are 285/45R 22 on 9"x22 rims.. I also would like to go with a Borla S Type exhaust. Had Borla on an 05' Vette, was great. Hoping for same results, sound more aggressive than Magnaflow. Would appreciate thoughts and comments.

The belltech site does not have a kit for the 2016 ram. However the kit for the 2015 works just the same on there. I would definitely do some searching on the belltech 2/4, groundforce, and McGaughy kits. See what people are saying. I know searching for old threads can be a pita, but just crank it out one night because you will find all the info you need.

I have the belltech 2/4 and had a very bad experience (though I seem to be in the minority with my problems: so it is not indicative that the kits are bad. Though personally, I think they are.) . I am now** about to put lowering springs on from a company called crown suspension (not many people on the forum have used them, however those that have, have commented that their experience has been great with the coils.)

I have read the ground force kit is pretty solid (also one of the most if not the most expensive: I think its like $800ish. Their website says call for pricing... wtf? Just post the price...)

P.S. Look at my signature for my suspension setup.

Last edited:

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
my 2/4 Belltech now has 7000 miles on it and it rides perfectly. I think I may have bottomed out once in all those miles. The whole kit and install ran me close to 2500.00+ which might be high but then again as mentioned it rides perfectly. Welcome and good luck with your choice of lowering kit.

RamonaRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 16 ram rt with the bell tech drop kit. Although I haven't driven it a whole lot I haven't ran into any issues so far.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I have been very happy with the Belltech kit on my trucks as well. They definitely give you the most for your money out of all the kits on the market.

DougM55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Belltech on my '15 RCSB R/T. Stock shocks all the way around. Removed cups from front bump stops per directions. Installed myself on a Saturday in my garage. Hellwig swaybar. Airlift 1000 bags in rear springs for towing.

Rides rougher than stock but handles better and takes the curves with significant speed. I think the Spohn adjustable panhard bar is needed now that the springs have settled a few thousand miles. Sharp left turns while towing or hauling cause the gas tank heat shield to rub the driveshaft making an awful squealing sounds!

a8f249a685b472ad1fc784ea3aa9523f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougM55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot to add...go to Firestone and pay for the lifetime rotation and alignment. Well worth the cost!

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am following Ak47bravo to see his results because i know dam well i will have his luck.

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Belltech on my '15 RCSB R/T. Stock shocks all the way around. Removed cups from front bump stops per directions. Installed myself on a Saturday in my garage. Hellwig swaybar. Airlift 1000 bags in rear springs for towing.

Rides rougher than stock but handles better and takes the curves with significant speed. I think the Spohn adjustable panhard bar is needed now that the springs have settled a few thousand miles. Sharp left turns while towing or hauling cause the gas tank heat shield to rub the driveshaft making an awful squealing sounds!

Nice! Looks good man! :happy107:

You should take a photo of your rear bump stops.... :naughty: Pretty pleaseeeeee. ( I would like to see how close they are to the axle plate).

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes crazy how you had your problems this guy is actually hauling. I still want to see your crowns when installed.

RealtorRod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

My buddy has borla on his 16 5.7and the drone is unbearable to me when MDS kicks in.

For me, its either Corsa or custom pcm (mds disabled) and borla

OP
OP
J

John T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks to all for supplying info, suggestions, advice and experiences. Will advise once I have everything in place. Some more questions on lowering but I work that out.
Thanks again for the welcome to the forum.
John T.

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Ok, I am resurrecting is old thread as this caught my eye. What t-bar is that you are using for the rear of your kayak. Been looking for that when we go camping and using my truck to pull the golf cart. Still want to bring the kayak.