Lowering my 2016RCSB 1500R/T w a 2/4 kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A couple weeks back I asked for input on a 2/4 lowering of my 2016 RCSB 1500 R/T and you guys were generous in your responses. I checked out Belltech, McGaughys and Ground Force lowering kits as well as Hellwig sway bars and last but not least..... Spohn adjustable upper and lower control arms as well as the panhard bar, which have now come under scrutiny on this Forum as to its quality and reliability. It appears most if not all of you are mechanically inclined! I am NOT. In an attempt to get this done right the first time, I would be willing to drive 500+- miles in any direction from Albuquerque to have this work done or if anyone knows of a shop in the Albuquerque area, that would be ideal. Any suggestions? My brain, what is left of it, is hurting from doing more reading in the past week or so than the last five years. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
P.S. I have installed the Mopar Cold Air Intake as well as the Borla S Type exhaust. Both of these have made a noticeable difference , especially at the stop light when I take off. IMHO good choices.

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are just installing the Belltech 2/4 and maybe an adjustable panhard bar it is pretty easy. Nothing about it is complicated IMO. It is more so a few bolts are hard to get off due to access (rear upper shock mount bolts) and front upper ball joints (if you don't know how to do it- which I couldn't get the joint to come out of the spindle the first time around very easily).

However, if you don't have a lot of tools, jack, jack stands, etc. I would not attempt it. Without the right tools even an easy job can be impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am like you from the sounds of things ie mechanically ********. I had the whole ball of wax installed when lowering and the price of the install was not cheap by any means, strangely though I have had exactly ZERO issues. Being that you reside in a large American sized city there has to be a shop that performs suspension work, just don't take it to the shop that charges you far less than any of their competition. I always look for a shop that has been open for many years and the neater/cleaner the better as far as I am concerned. Good luck.