Lowering options for 2wd ecodiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_A_Ron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
Hey guys, I have been doing some research and decided to go with the lowering option versus the lifting option, especially since I have a 2wd.

I am searching for parts online and just want to make sure I order the correct thing. My truck model was badged as an HFE Crew Cab with 3.0 Diesel, but when I select HFE from part websites the 3.0 doesnt come up as an engine option. Basically I want to make sure I order the correct parts and I am not sure how interchangeable parts are for the different models?

Long story short, can anyone give me a cliff notes version of what is available for a 2wd 3.0 ecodiesel crew cab?

Thanks

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the Belltech, McGaughy's, and Groundforce kits for the Hemi crew cabs work just fine on Ecodiesel models so long as you don't have factory air suspension.

I opted to just lower the rear 2" with McGaughy's to avoid some potential headaches from the 2/4 drop kits and I'm happy with the look and ride quality didn't change significantly.

OP
OP
A

A_A_Ron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I think the Belltech, McGaughy's, and Groundforce kits for the Hemi crew cabs work just fine on Ecodiesel models so long as you don't have factory air suspension.

I opted to just lower the rear 2" with McGaughy's to avoid some potential headaches from the 2/4 drop kits and I'm happy with the look and ride quality didn't change significantly.

Thank you, I definitely do not have air suspension. Had that on my old Mercedes and never again.

After reading about potential problems I am looking at the same option, I just dont like the raked look

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
There's no difference in the suspensions between any of the 1500 trim lines or engine options, just between 2wd and 4wd, so pick whatever drop kit you want and it will work for you. If the website asks about an engine and nothing comes up for the ED then just select the hemi.