Lowering parts list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DireRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Guys,

I purchased a 2017 Quad cab recently and was already on the phone with Moe's before leaving the dealership. I love the truck but really want that lowered look and stiffer suspension. Thanks to all of the post's here I decided to hold off on install of the parts I have already purchased waiting on the Illicit relocation brackets research. I'm hoping some of you experienced guys can let me know if I'm missing anything with my part's list or anything I don't need to install.

4 22x10 Ram Hellcat replica's
4 305x40x22 Nitto NT420S
Belltech 963SP Kit W/Street Performance shocks
Hellwig Rear Swaybar
Spohn Adjustable Rear Panhard Bar
Air Lift 60824 Helper bags
2 Moog K80337 front links

Added after I started install

2 QA1 TS507
2 QA1 TS801
Hellwig front swaybar
Illicit Customs no cut brackets

Sorry for the text wall and thanks for anyone that reads or replies.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like a solid parts list brother!

J3FF3RSON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
TRUST ME when I say Opt in for the QA1 shocks. Those belltechs are so soft, I bottomed out on some dips. Now if you don't drive like a bat out of hell, then those Belltech shocks are for you.

OP
OP
D

DireRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all the input guys. The guy at Moe's was great to deal with so I would feel bad returning the panhard bar when it may come in handy at some time but I ordered it before I knew about the relocation brackets. For the QA1's I feel really stupid paying for the upgraded belltech kit just to throw the shocks in the trash but after reading several threads after your suggestion I think I'm going to add them on. Need to iron out all the mounting hardware from DavidRams' thread.

Hate to bug anyone more but any issues with adding all this at the same time. Maybe setup the shocks softer or not install the helper bags till the springs settle? Still trying to find a trustworthy shop in Abilene, Tx to help with the alignment.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the input guys. The guy at Moe's was great to deal with so I would feel bad returning the panhard bar when it may come in handy at some time but I ordered it before I knew about the relocation brackets. For the QA1's I feel really stupid paying for the upgraded belltech kit just to throw the shocks in the trash but after reading several threads after your suggestion I think I'm going to add them on. Need to iron out all the mounting hardware from DavidRams' thread.

Hate to bug anyone more but any issues with adding all this at the same time. Maybe setup the shocks softer or not install the helper bags till the springs settle? Still trying to find a trustworthy shop in Abilene, Tx to help with the alignment.

mornin!

If you can't return the Belltech shocks I would install the parts you have as is and then evaluate your needs from there. You may like them, lots of people running them just fine. Those QA1 shocks aren't going anywhere:favorites13:

Last edited:

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
congrats and enjoy, My R/T runs and corners like a champ with my BellTech, Spohn, Hellwig goodies and I spent over 1k easy having it all installed and then over to the alignment shop and a bill and one half if memory serves me correctly. To date with over 10k I have had no issues period. Next on the shopping list is a huffer but I am in no hurry for it, maybe this summer or next.

OP
OP
D

DireRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
jD5Cv

Well the install went a lot harder then I was expecting for the no cut brackets but the end result is amazing. I did end up buying the qa1 all the way around and a front hellwig swaybar. The alignment came out almost perfect however I have a little bit of a pull to the right thinking about taking it to another alignment shop. Side note if anyone is interested in all 4 of the street performance shocks I never even took them out of the box.

Attachments

• 20170213_100238.jpg
    20170213_100238.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 59

14blackouthemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
jD5Cv

Well the install went a lot harder then I was expecting for the no cut brackets but the end result is amazing. I did end up buying the qa1 all the way around and a front hellwig swaybar. The alignment came out almost perfect however I have a little bit of a pull to the right thinking about taking it to another alignment shop. Side note if anyone is interested in all 4 of the street performance shocks I never even took them out of the box.

Intrested in the rear shocks. 4in drop?

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you have to do anything to the QA1 to make them fit? Or are those the correct part numbers now that you've listed? I know at one time there was some cutting or something that needed to be done first to get them on.

Bigfoots03hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I researched and came up with different part numbers for QA1 shocks
TS514
TS905
Those are the numbers I find in research so which numbers are correct?

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I know one set is for a different vehicle, but with minor modifications, it'll work, then someone found another set of numbers that there was no modifications to them to make them work. I'm just trying to find that set because I'm hoping to order in the next month or so when I get some time to pull off my lift.

OP
OP
D

DireRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There was a little modification that had to made to the rear shocks the bushings and sleeve in the bottom mount had to be replaced. I pulled the numbers from davidram's post you can google ramforum qa1 and it will be the first result. Look at the last few pages there are some alternative part numbers may be the ones you are looking for.