lowering it thursday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highwayflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 express
Engine
Gonna try and do my lowering kit this thursday, no lift gonna be jack stands and 2 floor jacks. its the mcGaughys 2-4 spring kit, anyone got any do this and not that ideas before I get started ? are the brake lines and sensors long enough or will I need to unhook em ? any help will be cool, Cold beer when I am done weather man says its gonna be 110 here in Okla city. would it be ok if I jacked it up in the front and did one side and let it down before moving to the other side in the front only ? I might do this in the evening since its so hot also.

Last edited:

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I did the Ground force spring kit on my 4x4, only hard part was getting the spring/strut apart and back together. I used a military DIY auto shop though, so that was a little easier. I would start with the back, then work on the front. Do the easier stuff first ya know. Do them in sets (front and back) as it's more efficient that way. Only hard part for the rear is getting a wrench or socket on the upper shock bolt. It's really close to the bed rail, and a biotch. Good luck man and keep us updated!

awwdude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Express (RCSB)
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Were you able to get your drop on?!

I used floor jack and jack stands for my spindle drop. While sketchy feeling under a new truck, they worked fine. With spindles, I had to remove the rotors and calipers, but I would recommend doing the same for springs install.

From swapping many springs in and out of vehicles, just take off calipers and rotors, release the spindle from the upper ball joint, and everything drops out of the way for easy install. Saves a lot of time and busted knuckles over using spring compressors.

OP
OP
H

Highwayflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 express
Engine
yeah we did it today, didnt use the new track bar lowering bracket at first and talked with a guy at McGaughys and he told me to put it on to keep the rearend centered so its on there now but not sure if its right, the picture in the instructions is kinda dark and not to clear, said I need to drill ahole in the old bracket for the new one to mount to but theres no place to drill on mine. Instructions show a 09 and I have a 2012. its rides great and looks killer. my 76 year old dad even likes it ?