Mcgaughy drop kit installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2013 ram1500 mod thread

Well the kit came in yesterday and installed yesterday.
It is the economy drop. The rear shifted to the left just a little bit but not near as bad as it was without the relocator bracket. I'm actually really happy with the kit. The ride is stiffened but still rides very well. I also didn't get any of that wheel well shift (it is centered)
I'm on my way for the alignment now.
Enjoy some pics. This is gonna turn into my mod thread and I will just start it off with this. It has already been debadged and exhaust added. Also changed out all of the exterior lights to LEDs
yty3a7e7.jpg
ytydedy8.jpg
ba5emyqu.jpg
6a7uma7e.jpg
a2erevas.jpg

Changed out the headlights
avy6a3y3.jpg
aba3a9a7.jpg
ame7amag.jpg
y9yhe8aq.jpgha6y3uny.jpg

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Very nice truck. I am a firm believer that all 2wd trucks should have that stance.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
very nice crew cab!

OP
OP
ramguy11

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys. I have some black housing headlights on the way and some HIDs from retroshop. I attempted to tint my tail lights today but got frustrated and I'm just gonna keep them the way they are.

OP
OP
ramguy11

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys. Just got the HID kit in. May try to get that done this afternoon after work.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
welcome where you getting it aligned mine is still off 3 places cant get it right i hit a bump and my fing toe keeps going out and i cant find new camber/caster bolts to get my tires straight they are not bad but im **** lol i want them straight up and down im not a dame honda civic

OP
OP
ramguy11

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys i like a factory yet bice looking truck. I got all my HIDS installed just now took about an hour at a casual pace. My driver side fog blinks but only when I crank my truck.
Blackout I am having it aligned by a local shop down the road from where I had it installed. Diez tire. He is the go to guy on alignments for all the low riders around here

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would wait a few days for the springs to settle then take it to be aligned. Looks great!!

OP
OP
ramguy11

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am. I decided that after I drop per it off. Decided to take it home and get my HIDS done. But I just looked at my tracking and the black headlight should be here tomorrow. At least all I will have to do is swap out the housings though.
I couldn't figure out how to get the main plug unhooked from the headlight. I pushed the red tab up and pulled but it wouldn't come out

MayheM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CC 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beautiful truck! I've always liked grey trucks, my dad always had them when I was growing up. I have a black one, but the grey looks awesome! Looking at this just makes me want to go ahead and drop mine, but saving for other things. I might go ahead and do it soon anyway.. Love the lights too!

OP
OP
ramguy11

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks man. I'm a black truck guy but wanted to try something different this time. The grey has really grown on me.
The only thing I am debating now is keeping these 20's, swapping to the other other factory 20's (the polished 5 spokes) or the gunmetal grey Srt 22's

MayheM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CC 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've spent soo much time looking at rims, I haven't taken it quite that serious though because I know I won't be buying any for a good while. I like my factory 20s, but I also want some 22s.. having a hard time finding what I really want though. So rims will most likely be left toward the end for me.

I like the rims on your truck now quite a bit, but I like srt 22s as well haha (theyre on my list as potential contenders)

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Looks good but the rear wheels are definitely shifted forward. Any and all dropped 4th Gen's will have it happen.