Mcgaughy's 2/4 economy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the Mcgaughy's #44052 kit for QC & CC come with any parts that call for notching the crossmember like the bell tech #963 does

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Nothing crazy like that for a 2/4 drop. There's some fab work required for a 4/6 or lower but that's it.

OP
OP
thumperpa

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ty

I'm sorry that I've been asking all these questions but I hate to do things twice I rather get as much information as I can and research my brain out and get exactly what I want the first time. As I was all for the Belltech kit till I found there instructions and saw that for my 13 QC reg bed I have to notch the crossmember and I called Belltech and whomever I spoke with said no ifs no ands or buts with there 2/4 #963 kit and my truck I have to notch the crossmember cause it will wipe my drive shaft out immediately. And I don't really want the ground force kit it just seemed like an expensive easy way around my true wants and I don't mind the notching but I know ram will mind it on warranty side and I bought an additional 6 year/60,000 mile extended warranty. So it looks like I'm going with Mcgaughys economy 2/4 kit with hellwig rear swaybar and qa1 rear shocks, I'm going to run stocker shocks up front for a lil bit and I'll get my spohn bars after I get my other laundry list of items. So thanks guys you all have been informative. And Matt if you read this it's not that I didn't trust/believe you on running the 963 kit without doing the notch i called because if I did the 963 and ended up with an issue i would have been up the creek and out of money so if the manufacturer would have said we recommend using the notch as its mearly a precaution then I would have tried using it but by him telling me that 100% if you don't use it you will do catastrophic damage to your truck I have to eliminate the possibility of using there kit at this time just wanted that cleared up as I don't want hard feelings cause all my build plans include you and your business

ChuckBaader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Another couple of questions on this kit. My truck has running boards...will there be any issue with ground clearance with this kit? Will there be any issues realigning the front?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Another couple of questions on this kit. My truck has running boards...will there be any issue with ground clearance with this kit? Will there be any issues realigning the front?

No, and no. You still have plenty of ground clearance and running boards are the same as running the Mopar body kit which has been run on trucks with much bigger drops than 2/4. Some people have had the front camber stay just out of spec with the spring drop but it's not an issue and the caster will stay out since you're lowering the vehicle and the relative angles have changed.

ChuckBaader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Many thanks for the quick reply. This is my first Chrysler product since 1964 so I have a lot to learn:)

From your response I would assume (hate that word) that the only alignment change would be toe?

Pikeville904

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ignition Orange Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing to cut, and the kit goes in with ease....I have found on my truck that the front is a little 'nose proud', in that it's a little higher than the back when it's in and settles. Alignment is needed, but a good tech can get it within spec's and rides a whole lot better.
It's my intention to add a pair of air ride bags to the back to bring it up level.