McGaughys kit no track bar lowing bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highwayflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 express
Engine
We did the Mcgaughys 2-4 lowering spring kit today and didnt use the track bar lowering bracket, not sure why and if its needed ? I know some kits dont come with it and the pickup rides great and looks killer lowered down. so my question is should I go ahead and put the track bar lowering bracket on ? or is it cool to have it like this. thanks for the help. kit was pretty easy to do, weather sucks its 110 degrees here today. water is my friend

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The reason to run the trac bar bracket is to keep you rear axle centered under the truck.

OP
OP
H

Highwayflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 express
Engine
I went and put it on. cant tell any difference. could I really have caused a nono ? instructions said I needed to drill ahole in the old bracket but theres no place to drill the one in the instructions, they are for a 09 is there a change in a 09 and a 12 ? thanks for the help

KLRpanda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
in all reality the 4link will hold the axle in place the track or "panhard bar" helps out in doing that job. do you happen to have a picture of it? i need to make one for my truck lol

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I haven't messed with my panhard bar with my GF drop. If I drop it any further I'll have to mess with it, but I don't think a 2/3 drop is enough to bother it much, or GF would have included it in the kit.

You could always get an adjustable one! Maybe Moes could pick these up :********:ear-Panhard-Bar-2009-2012-Dodge-Ram-1500-4x2-4x4-1.jpg

Adjustable Panhard Bar $135

Last edited: