Mcgaughys Spindles only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigfoots03hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm in the process of getting parts together to lower my 2016 R/T and have been reading a lot of threads and my problem is this is my DD and I need it to be right I'm only doing a 2/4 drop and I currently have Belltech kit already but I'm worried about the front with the springs and alignment issues and have thought about doing spindles. What are your thoughts and experiences? I don't want to be eating up tires

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
with a 2/4 drop the front alignment should not be a problem. It's the rear end that you have to do the most work. In the front you should install the shorter sway bar end links, sway bar would not be at the correct geometry with the factory end links. As for the rear... that's a whole other story. To put the rear end back to factory specs, first you have to relocate the panhard bar then the get the correct pinion angle and center the axle you have to use an adjustable upper and lower control arm. BUT the Sphon adjustable arms are not recommended due to the end links having issues. Your best bet would be the illicit relocation brackets These brackets will get the rearend geomotery back in place.

Bigfoots03hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
with a 2/4 drop the front alignment should not be a problem. It's the rear end that you have to do the most work. In the front you should install the shorter sway bar end links, sway bar would not be at the correct geometry with the factory end links. As for the rear... that's a whole other story. To put the rear end back to factory specs, first you have to relocate the panhard bar then the get the correct pinion angle and center the axle you have to use an adjustable upper and lower control arm. BUT the Sphon adjustable arms are not recommended due to the end links having issues. Your best bet would be the illicit relocation brackets These brackets will get the rearend geomotery back in place.

Already planning on getting the Illicit brackets for the rear was just trying to figure out the front so springs should be good with no alignment issues
Thanks

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
alignment should be fine
Did you read that right? He is also dropping the front.... not sure how but should re-align. The rear alignment should be fine when not using adjustible arms.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you read that right? He is also dropping the front.... not sure how but should re-align. The rear alignment should be fine when not using adjustible arms.

I hope he knows since he's been reading the threads that whenever you change the springs you HAVE to get an alignment. :crazy:

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know I have to get alignment was just wondering if there would be a issue aligning thevtruck after lowering it
That depends on how low you go and what kit, its a yes and no answer.
Spindle drop no issues
Spring drop most likely no issues
Control arm drop no issues
Modified coil drop - yes issues
Hodge podge of components like i plan to change to - we shall see.

If your just going with a off the shelf kit you should be fine anything more and there are a few more things that will need to be addressed but easily solveable, just costs more

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hodge podge of components like i plan to change to - we shall see.

I know we've been debating on what would be the better for our needs or whats the best setup would be....

I'm plan on going this route... Inez front upper and lower arms and for the rear Inez brackets. I already have the QA1 shocks, Belltech springs which I'm cutting 1/2 coil front and rear I have to see how many coils I cut.

What are your plans?

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn tapatalk glitched out and didnt post my response.....

But honestly I haven't decided all what im going to do, thought i had it figured out... but then new better stuff comes to the table.
I mostly thinking of runninh both inez front and rear kit with the McGaughys spindles. I sit pretty low already and likr to stay at that height. If 4" isnt enough using those parts ill add a 1" drop spring from crown and then get the rear to be level within 1/2" higher.

Im still thinking of coilovers from ridetech and making them work somehow with new mounting brackets to the frame up top. That way it suits my needs on the road course but if no coilovers ill run the QA1's. Its why i have held of buying them while i figure out what im doing.