Need lowering kit help please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KTMjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
This is my first post here so be kind to me. I'm looking for a lowering kit for my new truck im picking up tomorrow. It's a 2011 dodge ram 1500 sport regular cab short box 4x4. When I put that information in it says there is no products I was looking at the mcgauguys deluxe drop kit part 44050. Is this the right kit I'm going to be sticking with the 20 inch wheel size.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I would go with the Ground Force 2/3 drop instead.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Either the Ground Force 9983 or the McGaughy's 44050 will work for you with the reg cab. You'll have the front tires stick out a bit more with the McGaughy's kit but the rear will come down more level than you'd get with the reg cab with the GF kit. If you could swing it I'd do the GF front springs and pick up the McGaughy's basic kit and use all the rear parts out of that kit.

OP
OP
K

KTMjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Either the Ground Force 9983 or the McGaughy's 44050 will work for you with the reg cab. You'll have the front tires stick out a bit more with the McGaughy's kit but the rear will come down more level than you'd get with the reg cab with the GF kit. If you could swing it I'd do the GF front springs and pick up the McGaughy's basic kit and use all the rear parts out of that kit.

Oh ok what are the benefits of mixing both kits? Could you help me with what product codes I would need please.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Oh ok what are the benefits of mixing both kits? Could you help me with what product codes I would need please.

This is ideal system, but the cost does go up with it, bear that in mind. Front springs are the best way to drop the front when it comes to alignment on the 4wd and it's gentler on the inner CV joints compared to spindles but the GF kit doesn't do anything to realign the rear end. The McG's kit comes with the panhard bar relocation bracket, shorter sway bar links, and the springs get the rear down to almost level with the front. The GF kit comes with replacement shocks but they're no better than the stock shocks so a better shock should be used anyways and with a reg cab the Belltech stock 2wd length shocks work great if you're not interested in an adjustable shocks.

OP
OP
K

KTMjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
This is ideal system, but the cost does go up with it, bear that in mind. Front springs are the best way to drop the front when it comes to alignment on the 4wd and it's gentler on the inner CV joints compared to spindles but the GF kit doesn't do anything to realign the rear end. The McG's kit comes with the panhard bar relocation bracket, shorter sway bar links, and the springs get the rear down to almost level with the front. The GF kit comes with replacement shocks but they're no better than the stock shocks so a better shock should be used anyways and with a reg cab the Belltech stock 2wd length shocks work great if you're not interested in an adjustable shocks.

Hey you are from calgary to can I pick any of this up in the city do you know?

stretch78681

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 squirrel cage
This is my first post here so be kind to me. I'm looking for a lowering kit for my new truck im picking up tomorrow. It's a 2011 dodge ram 1500 sport regular cab short box 4x4. When I put that information in it says there is no products I was looking at the mcgauguys deluxe drop kit part 44050. Is this the right kit I'm going to be sticking with the 20 inch wheel size.

The McGaughy's 2/2 system just arrived. I was going to get started tomorrow afternoon, but the weatherman said rain for next two days. I may wait, but, really look forward to being able to get up in the cab...

BTW, just watched a RAM 2016 commercial, their trucks look like they are dropped 2/2... hmmm?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Hey you are from calgary to can I pick any of this up in the city do you know?

I've picked up Ground Force parts from Stripetech for my last truck and the guys at Mopac have been very good to me as well so I would recommend seeing what they carry or can bring in. Lots of the places like Raven will be able to bring in some suspension parts and if you're part of some local truck clubs you can get a discount. I've only ever ordered the front GF springs from GF directly but I save a ton on shipping by having them shipped to the border and going down to pick up a bunch of stuff and just paying the 5% instead of the shipping + brokerage.

OP
OP
K

KTMjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've picked up Ground Force parts from Stripetech for my last truck and the guys at Mopac have been very good to me as well so I would recommend seeing what they carry or can bring in. Lots of the places like Raven will be able to bring in some suspension parts and if you're part of some local truck clubs you can get a discount. I've only ever ordered the front GF springs from GF directly but I save a ton on shipping by having them shipped to the border and going down to pick up a bunch of stuff and just paying the 5% instead of the shipping + brokerage.

Awesome thank you for your help I just need help on the part numbers I can't find what I need.

OP
OP
K

KTMjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Please can anyone help me me the product numbers. I can't find the rear and fronts from both company's separate. What is belltech like for springs?

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
You have to call ground force to buy just the front springs

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Please can anyone help me me the product numbers. I can't find the rear and fronts from both company's separate. What is belltech like for springs?

As I said earlier, you need to call Ground Force to order the front springs and then just order the regular McGaughy's 2wd spring kit (44052) for the complete rear parts. You can sell the front drop springs from the McGaughy's kit to get some cash back.

OP
OP
K

KTMjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
As I said earlier, you need to call Ground Force to order the front springs and then just order the regular McGaughy's 2wd spring kit (44052) for the complete rear parts. You can sell the front drop springs from the McGaughy's kit to get some cash back.

OK thank you I get it now cool sorry. Right I'm getting those then.