Need some help, wanting to go lower then my current 3/5.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Myram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Truck is on a belltech 2/4 drop with shorter rear sway bar links and track bar bracket. i have cut the springs down 1/2 coil up front and 1.5 coils in rear and got a 3/5.5 drop out of the truck and its level.

I want another inch all the way around. I know a 1/2 coil upfront with adjustable offset balljoints will get that where I need it. Maybe some thinner iso's as well.

But out back, the lower link bars already look extremely close to hitting the mount of the upper link bars. I dont think thew adjustable link bars will help this any .I see on guys doin 4/6 and 5/7 on these trucks.

How is that possible without a custom bent lower link bar?
Is there another way?

Do they make them with a bend or something?

I know i will need the adjustable track bar, if i go lower.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6" is pushing the limits. To go lower than that you'll need to notch the frame and rework the control arm's frame and axle mounts. UNBROKEN is reworking his whole rear suspension, so be on the lookout for that when it's done.

OP
OP
M

Myram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have found a few threads talking about doing 5/7. But no one has done it or i havent found a thread yet.. I really just want another inch all the way around. Dont think i will need the notch with another 1" out back. I have plenty of travel.

I have fabbed up my fair share of goodies for hotrods.

I guess i can do 1 of 2 things for the lower link bars.

A: Weld tabs to bottom of current mounting points on axle and lower the mounting point of the bars

or

B: Fab up my own lower bars with a 45 angle to dip down, some weld in bungs for adjustable poly bushing ends. . Do some bungs and adjustable rod ends on the upper links too and save myself alot of cash vs buying aftermarket links and modifying them.

Are the factory 4 link bars hollow or solid?.

Any of this sound good?

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your upper arms will hit the frame before the axle does. Been there done that.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have found a few threads talking about doing 5/7. But no one has done it or i havent found a thread yet.. I really just want another inch all the way around. Dont think i will need the notch with another 1" out back. I have plenty of travel.

I have fabbed up my fair share of goodies for hotrods.

I guess i can do 1 of 2 things for the lower link bars.

A: Weld tabs to bottom of current mounting points on axle and lower the mounting point of the bars

or

B: Fab up my own lower bars with a 45 angle to dip down, some weld in bungs for adjustable poly bushing ends. . Do some bungs and adjustable rod ends on the upper links too and save myself alot of cash vs buying aftermarket links and modifying them.

Are the factory 4 link bars hollow or solid?.

Any of this sound good?

most likely they are hollow.

nopo2491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
4/6 drop

Truck is on a belltech 2/4 drop with shorter rear sway bar links and track bar bracket. i have cut the springs down 1/2 coil up front and 1.5 coils in rear and got a 3/5.5 drop out of the truck and its level.

I want another inch all the way around. I know a 1/2 coil upfront with adjustable offset balljoints will get that where I need it. Maybe some thinner iso's as well.

But out back, the lower link bars already look extremely close to hitting the mount of the upper link bars. I dont think thew adjustable link bars will help this any .I see on guys doin 4/6 and 5/7 on these trucks.

How is that possible without a custom bent lower link bar?
Is there another way?

Do they make them with a bend or something?

I know i will need the adjustable track bar, if i go lower.

I cut 1 full coil in front and 2 full in rear it rides pretty good, but rear feels a lil bouncy and bottoms out on bump stops on big pot holes, my axle is close to the bump stops, im not sure what u mean by the link bars almost hitting, ill take some pics of my truck and tell me what u think,