Need some lowering recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since I like to be different than the average and my truck doesn't even know what dirt is I am going to be lowering it and throwing on some hellcat replica wheels and a ducktail spoiler on the tailgate. I need some advice though. Should I lower 2 inches in the back, or 1 inch up front and 3 in the back?

Also I could use some lowering kit recommendations, and would also like to know how much I'll be compromising my ride quality, if at all. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I like to be different that the average and my truck doesn't even know what dirt is I am going to be lowering it and throwing on some hellcat replica wheels and a ducktail spoiler on the tailgate. I need some advice though. Should I lower 2 inches in the back, or 1 inch up front and 3 in the back?

Also I could use some lowering kit recommendations, and would also like to know how much I'll be compromising my ride quality, if at all. Thank you in advance.
I love the duck bill spoiler honestly, I almost thought about putting it on mine until I realized I could no long throw my dirt bike ramps on my gate lol. Multiple people on here with excellent lowering knowledge so you'll be set

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
O, it's you! Lol

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's me? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Errrr Maybe I'm mistaken idk I'm using tapatalk lol but aren't you the guy that was posting in the "LED VS HID" thread and I commented on you having a sick ram. Maybe I'm wrong, if so my bad

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Errrr Maybe I'm mistaken idk I'm using tapatalk lol but aren't you the guy that was posting in the "LED VS HID" thread and I commented on you having a sick ram. Maybe I'm wrong, if so my bad

Oh yeah. It's me haha.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I like to be different than the average and my truck doesn't even know what dirt is I am going to be lowering it and throwing on some hellcat replica wheels and a ducktail spoiler on the tailgate. I need some advice though. Should I lower 2 inches in the back, or 1 inch up front and 3 in the back?

Bump

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Best method for lowering

I want to lower my 17 1500 CC. I was wondering what the best method is to do it without hurting the geometry or ride quality. I'm not exactly sure how low I should go. My 3 options are: 2 inches in the back, 1 inch up front 3 inches in the back, or 2 inches up front 4 in the back. I want to achieve a sporty look but again not compromise ride quality or geometry. I would appreciate any help from those knowledgeable. I was thinking drop spindles or lower control arms.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
As soon as you lower it,you're screwing up the geometery.There's multiple threads on lowering the trucks,so you might want to start looking through threads,and maybe you'll get the answer you're looking for,as your question is very vague.Decide how low you want to go ,and work from there when you're searching through the threads on here.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As soon as you lower it,you're screwing up the geometery.There's multiple threads on lowering the trucks,so you might want to start looking through threads,and maybe you'll get the answer you're looking for,as your question is very vague.Decide how low you want to go ,and work from there when you're searching through the threads on here.

I agree..
and to add to this don't lower it if you want to keep the same ride quality as stock.
Lowering will make the ride stiffer... as for geometry, if go 4" or lower in the rear you need to install a re-location brackets be it from Inez hotrods or Illicit customs. Illicit is the only one that has the "no cut" brackets.

Inez Hot rods make a 4/6 or 5/7 lowering kit if you want to go that route .

Inez Hotrods

Illicit Customs

Last edited:
OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Even with drop spindles? Everything stays the same you're just moving the wheels up. I'm just wondering how low I can go before I start messing up ball joints and crap.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree..

and to add to this don't lower it if you want to keep the same ride quality as stock.

Lowering will make the ride stiffer... as for geometry, if go 4" or lower in the rear you need to install a re-location brackets be it from Inez hotrods or Illicit customs. Illicit is the only one that has the "no cut" brackets.

Inez Hot rods make a 4/6 or 5/7 lowering kit if you want to go that route .

Inez Hotrods

Illicit Customs

How bad would it be do you think to just drop two inches in the back to level it off?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Even with drop spindles? Everything stays the same you're just moving the wheels up. I'm just wondering how low I can go before I start messing up ball joints and crap.

Dropped spindles won't screw up the front,but as soon as you drop the rear you screw up it's geometery.You can do a 3" front drop easily with a set of spindles and a 1" drop spring,and it should still wheel align.On the rear 2" will be okay,but if you go 4" you might run into either bad wheelhop or a high speed sway.Some trucks get away with a 4" rear drop with-out any issues,but a lot of trucks will exhibit either hop or sway,it seems to be more luck of the draw.If you end up with either issue on the rear,you'll want to look into either Illicits or Inez's relocation brackets.I recommend the Illicit versions,as some guys are reporting issues with the Inez relocation brackets.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dropped spindles won't screw up the front,but as soon as you drop the rear you screw up it's geometery.You can do a 3" front drop easily with a set of spindles and a 1" drop spring,and it should still wheel align.On the rear 2" will be okay,but if you go 4" you might run into either bad wheelhop or a high speed sway.Some trucks get away with a 4" rear drop with-out any issues,but a lot of trucks will exhibit either hop or sway,it seems to be more luck of the draw.If you end up with either issue on the rear,you'll want to look into either Illicits or Inez's relocation brackets.I recommend the Illicit versions,as some guys are reporting issues with the Inez relocation brackets.

Well I appreciate the help. I'll keep digging further into it, but if there's an risk at all I likely won't do anything hurt anything on a 50k dollar truck so I'm pretty certain I'll be just dropping 2 in the rear only

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I appreciate the help. I'll keep digging further into it, but if there's an risk at all I likely won't do anything hurt anything on a 50k dollar truck so I'm pretty certain I'll be just dropping 2 in the rear only

I think that's what I want to, but then need airbags because I tow quite a bit

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk