New guy lowering kit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hi everyone new guy from Ct. here . I just bought a 2014 express RCSB 4x4 and I am looking at threads dealing with lowering . I am a bit confused as some kits talk about relocation bracket for panhard bar and re drilling ?? But from what I have read about Ground Force kit it is just shocks and springs . What gives ?? Thanks for any info .- Gary

RamminJammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe the different information your getting is through different manufacturers and there way to lower vehicles. You also have a 4wd which is not as simple to lower as a 2wd. If I were you I would switch the rear spring to 2" lower ones. Since the rear suspension for 2wd and 4wd are identical for the most part. And leave the front alone. Up front with a lowering it you where to say lower it 4" based on what combo you chose to achieve your drop could be a pain with the extra running no gear on a 4wd. Final thought if it's 4wd it gets lifted if it's 2wd it gets slammed!

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You may want to head over to the "Lowered Section" of the forum. You'll find a wealth of info there. As for drilling versus bracket, from my own research I have found some prefer to drill the factory panhard bar frame mount to achieve the desired level panhard bar. I chose to use the supplied bracket with the BellTech kit. But, since you have a 4x4 things may be different.

OP
OP
G

G-Truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks for the responses . I am going to repost over in the lowering section . Ramin Jammin lowering just the rear is an option I have concidered . I like a bit of rake though that is why I am thinking full drop kit . I just sold a lifted big tire jeep and want a smoother ride with better handling . I live in New England so like 4x4 for snow ..