Newb with lot's of questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A few questions, just picked up my 16 Ram 1500 a few days ago. I'm more of a "car guy". I race karts so I had to buy a truck to haul my kart around in. That said I would like to improve the handling of this truck from the marshmallow soft ride to something a little more firm and sure footed through the corners. Looking at a slight drop and better dampeners and stiffer springs along with some solid away bars to shore everything up. Any suggestions?

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
something in this direction?
20160411_184624_zpssakri9gl.jpg

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It all depends what you're starting with. Do you have 17" wheels with chunky AT tires, or a Sport with 20" marshmallow P tires?
A 2"/4" drop with a stiffer rear sway bar go a long way on these rides. It also depends how much weight you tow, because you may need some of that suspension travel. I was only able to lower mine 2" in the rear in order to keep enough travel to pull our travel trailer.

OP
OP
jcollins28

jcollins28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
something in this direction?
20160411_184624_zpssakri9gl.jpg

Yes, great looking truck. What set up are you running?

It all depends what you're starting with. Do you have 17" wheels with chunky AT tires, or a Sport with 20" marshmallow P tires?
A 2"/4" drop with a stiffer rear sway bar go a long way on these rides. It also depends how much weight you tow, because you may need some of that suspension travel. I was only able to lower mine 2" in the rear in order to keep enough travel to pull our travel trailer.

I have the chrome 20's on it now. Was thinking about going with either the SRT 20's or 22's? Hearing different opinions on what kit to use for lowering. Seems like the BT kit has some issues with the rearend and the McGaughys has an issue pushing the front wheels out?

I'm not going to be towing a whole lot of weight well under 2k lbs. Can I even run the 22's on a 2/4 drop?