Newbie to the Ram's,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone, 1st post and 1st domestic truck purchase,
Just bought my 1st Ram, Bought a 2016 Ram sport quad 4x4. Looking to lower it down. Do they make a kit yet for the 2016 yet?

muttmutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2015 should be the same. I don't think anything was changed in the suspension

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everything is the same on these trucks. Mcgaughty is the company you need to lower a 4wd! 2/4 and thats about it without getting really deep into it.

Talk to Moes Performance, Site sponsor and has great prices and advice on what you need

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everything is the same on these trucks. Mcgaughty is the company you need to lower a 4wd! 2/4 and thats about it without getting really deep into it.

Talk to Moes Performance, Site sponsor and has great prices and advice on what you need

Yep hit Matt at Moe's up. Although I'm not sure if the Mcghaughys kits work on the 4wd trucks. It seems like he used a different brand on his personal truck when he lowered it.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

OP
OP
KCaudill

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome thanks guys!! Really loving the truck. Been a die hard Toyota guy, but hate the new tundras.

OP
OP
KCaudill

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went to Mcgaughty web site, they dont list anything for a 4wd lowering kit. only 2wd....

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see alot of guys in the 4wd thread saying they use MCG, maybe im wrong. I know ground force makes a kit too

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
not sure if Belltech does the 4x4 but mine goes in next week (delayed at border/parts) to get its haircut. Going down.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
If you planned on lowering a brand new truck, why didn't you get a 2wd? Not bashing you, just really puzzled

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you planned on lowering a brand new truck, why didn't you get a 2wd? Not bashing you, just really puzzled

I don't know OP lives, 2WD drive trucks- other reg cab work trucks, are almost non-existent on the dealers lots in Canada and across the northern States.
My last 3 trucks were all 2WD and factory orders, with the last two being ordered with the idea of bring lowered
Hard to fight time if you need a truck yesterday and can't deal with the hassle of a factory order.....

OP
OP
KCaudill

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I will NEVER own another 2wd truck. Get stuck on a 1/2inch tall piece of ice and alone you will agree to that statement. I live in Virginia, lots of hills, curves and having a 2wd truck is like having a crush on your sister, just not right. Being that said. I have a 4wd truck and im too fat and old to want to lift it, im beyond that phase, so i do like to close up the extra gap in the wheel wells.