Noob looking to bag a 16 1500 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmentado10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I am a noob on air suspension. I have been looking at the Ridetech kit for my truck but am not sure if there are any other kits out there. What bag systems are y'all running on your rams? Not looking to notch my frame just yet, just want to get a little lower than my cut mcgauphy springs. What other parts would I need like special brackets and stuff like that? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ridetech is the only one that make a direct fit for the Rams, only other way is to make your own setup.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I am a noob on air suspension. I have been looking at the Ridetech kit for my truck but am not sure if there are any other kits out there. What bag systems are y'all running on your rams? Not looking to notch my frame just yet, just want to get a little lower than my cut mcgauphy springs. What other parts would I need like special brackets and stuff like that? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Link to kit ? I have only found front end kit on their website or is that the only one they offer?

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the full ride tech kit. Works fine. Honestly, to take full advantge of the kit i would suggest getting relocation brackets for the rear end so you can gain more travel from the rear to frame clearance.

IF i had to do it all again, i likely wouldnt bother with the ridetech stuff. Just get a 4/6 drop from Inez, relocate the brackets, and get durango bags

Ozzyy_12'

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also curious about this was just thinking about it the other day if it's possible to remove the springs and just use the Durango bags am at a 3/6 right now I took my bumpstops off for more travel but I'm soon getting a c notch to go lower in the back can anyone tell me if this would work or no?

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the durango bags go inside the springs.
c notch is not required for 3/6 nor 5/7.

Ozzyy_12'

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I guess I gotta figure something out to go lower I got like 3inches of travel took the bumpstops off for more travel I was pretty sure I was at a 3/6 is it possible I'm more then that?

Attachments

• IMG_1442.jpg
    IMG_1442.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 26

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Air Lift supposedly has a Air Spring system now for the 1500's that replaces the rear springs.I know nothing about it,just seen it advertised .They call it the Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate,might be something you can look into to.

Last edited:

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here are some pictures of my ram at different heights. At max air it goes back to stock height in front and 1" higher in rear. Full air out, obviously not driveable. The rams suspension and geometery from the get go is terrible. There is ZERO good option for properly lowering the rams in the rear unless you relink the entire rear setup IMO. Even running the INEZ etc kit, it requires cut coil springs to achieve a bigger drop. relink and coilovers is really the best bet.

The air, for daily driving, is the best bolt on alternative, but is also very costly in comparison with coupled with a good air mkanagment lift 3p or Accuair.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my standard ride height. 305/35r24

DTX8ESC.jpg

izN6R2G.jpg

No air
KW0AuoX.jpg

salazarn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No air

5WtvfXc.jpg

Full air

uX2uRDK.jpg

Beautiful truck bud. I’d like to see and know more details about your air build. Specifically pictures of your components used to bag the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a thread someone i made. Its all Ridetech Components with Inez no cut bracekts, f150 links, hellwig bars and links, Air lift 3P

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Im about to list my accuair e-level ride controller system with custom mounted controller and factory mountable sensors on ebay. :)