opinions 2/4 drop belltech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattgranite15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I have a 2015 express regular cab I'm debating on lowering but is the handling and ride altered alot? Plan on using just the spring kit thanks in advance!

BlkHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Belltech 2/4 drop on mine and it rides great! It does ride a little harsh at times but not bad at all!! It actually rides better than stock. It has less body roll and it corners pretty good in the turns. If you do decide on the 2/4 drop, I would also get the Hellwig rear sway bar and the adjustable pan hard bar to help center your axle and fix the rear end wobble that some of us experienced (myself included).

OP
OP
Mattgranite15

Mattgranite15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay thanks I'm gonna hold off for a while then i don't really have the cash for the sway bars and all right now

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Use the factory shocks up front, rears are fine to add, if you have factory sway bars your ok, my 2011 RC didn't have a rear one, so I added Hellwigs front and rear.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Plan your parts in stages if on a budget. or collect all your parts as your budget permits then install them.

But as for the improvement to ride, the drop helps a little (IMO) but is not a performance suspension, It is all the other stuff you do to compliment the drop like adjustable panhard bar (trackbar), adjustable control arms for the rear to recenter and fine tune the rear diff position and angle, quality shocks within the dimensions of the drop, upgraded swaybars front and rear.

Honestly I would start with the sway bars install them now then collect the drop kit, shocks and arms. but still can be installed as you get the parts as you go

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I didn't like my 2/4 belltech kit. It's a lower spring rate than the stock springs, so the ride isn't a smooth.

But I'll make you a helluva deal on it!

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine rode like crap. I took it off. Really good quality shocks will probably help though.

OP
OP
Mattgranite15

Mattgranite15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, my truck is just a daily driver i just like the lowered look but don't want it to ride like crap either with just getting the spring kit and leaving everything else stock for a while. I guess I'll start with the rear swat bar!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To Help Shep sell his used lift since he apparently is the worst salesman ever (jk I know your being honest)

I have the 2/4 belltech with shocks, and Hellwig swaybars front and rear... Mine ride actually surprised me when I first got it but now its a little soft. Not a bad ride not a performance ride either. Mine is pretty smooth and awesome on quality roads, now crappy roads its a little bouncy up front on the right front corner and stiff in the rear. It actually rides the best with about 200lbs over the rear axle.

With that said its not a bad set up for a appearance standpoint but is not anything if performance is desired.

I too will be taking off mine but once I have figured out a better kit or better way with drop spindles, and or custom coilover set up it I get to it.

There are also other options out there for a 2-4 drop that utilizes the stock springs. Lot and lots of info here and hours and hours of research that can be read here...