Opinions from the Experts Regarding Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobHinton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 EXPRESS
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Long story short ... I bought the 963SP BellTech kit and hated the shocks. After 4 months put the factory shocks back on. Had some brand new shocks given to me that were Monroe Reflex Light Truck for the front and Monroe SensaTrac for the rear. Installed them and now the rear sits a good 2"-3" higher than it did before. I found out the sensatrac shocks in the back are load bearing shocks for hauling and towing. As I look for other options to replace the back shocks, I find two Monroe options ... one is a standard type that the ext length is 25.5" and the collapsed is 16.43". The Reflex Light Truck option is 26.09" and 16.43" .. which is roughly the exact same as the load bearing shocks I put on.

Question is do you think the standard light truck shock will set lower with the weight applied to it than the load bearing shock? or should I go with the shorter Monroe?

Thanks in advance for looking and any feedback or suggestions.

Side Note ... I appreciate all the QA1 feedback I see, but that isn't in my budget.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Long story short... you basically need shocks that are made for the lower springs. You have to find shocks that match the length of the Belltech shocks(Compressed Height & Extended Height). Once you've found the correct shocks your half way there. Don't know if anyone on here has used or found shocks that match the belltech specs besides the QA1