Possibly selling my Belltech 2/4" drop springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, the front bumpstop metal cup housing is still in place. So I barely have any bump stop going past the metal cup housing. So if I bottom out the front hard its going to be brutal (since it will basically be metal on metal).

gotchya.....can you post pics of your rear suspension to maybe show how cramped things are back there?

OP
OP
Ak47bravo

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
c2f1e29f2a4849218640276a4886aab6.jpg

Here is a photo of the rear bump stop. You can see it is practically sitting on the bump stop. Mind you these springs are probably not broken in yet as they have been on the truck for exactly 6 days.

54166fead879eac018dded29598d2af6.jpg

Here you can see the front bump stop. I need to grind that metal cup off so there is more bump stop exposed and reduces the risk of metal on metal contact with the lower control arm. I have only hit the front bump stops I think one time (it was freaking brutal when it did hit though)

The rears hit pretty much anytime I drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ak47bravo

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here are some shots of the truck today. The rear sits about level with the front. Stance wise, I think the truck looks pretty good (IMO it could go up a little in the rear).

I am trying to decide if a 1/2 drop would look aggressive enough for my taste.

Basically I am trying to decide between a 1/2, 2/2, or a 2/3.

I'm leaning more towards a 1/2 to be more conservative. I can not afford to do another coil swap after this next one (assuming I'm still not riding sufficiently above the bump stops).

So going with a 1/2 drop I think would for sure put me high enough up to not hit the bump stops (unless I really nail something).

I guess the question then would be, whether the shorter street performance shock that came with the belltech kit could be ran with only a 2" drop in the rear. Or if I would need a longer shock. Anyone know?

9a086016cbb0533c9765a74a3928ad85.jpg4b4a0e5122b8d494eb8cfa0f548df2e4.jpg3ccc9ac2564acf2164e80b4719495d2b.jpg

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here are some shots of the truck today. The rear sits about level with the front. Stance wise, I think the truck looks pretty good (IMO it could go up a little in the rear).

I am trying to decide if a 1/2 drop would look aggressive enough for my taste.

Basically I am trying to decide between a 1/2, 2/2, or a 2/3.

I'm leaning more towards a 1/2 to be more conservative. I can not afford to do another coil swap after this next one (assuming I'm still not riding sufficiently above the bump stops).

So going with a 1/2 drop I think would for sure put me high enough up to not hit the bump stops (unless I really nail something).

I guess the question then would be, whether the shorter street performance shock that came with the belltech kit could be ran with only a 2" drop in the rear. Or if I would need a longer shock. Anyone know?

It looks really great man! The nice thing about it being lower, is now your tow hitch is going hit your shin in a different spot than it was before! Lol :favorites13:

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
truck looks awesome! Love the look......I'd almost be tempted to cut the rear cups too....my honest opinion is add the helper bags that can a 1/2" in the rear and some extra spring rate and call it good.

Also, thank you for posting your experiences as I'm getting ready to do the same thing!

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It looks really great man! The nice thing about it being lower, is now your tow hitch is going hit your shin in a different spot than it was before! Lol :favorites13:

David, did your rear suspension look similar?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Not sure why yours looks at least an inch lower all around than mine. On factory 20's, I had 2 inches between the tire and fender after fully settled and at least 2 inches of bump stop clearance in the back. Front bumps look the same.

Did you ditch the rubber that fits on top of the spring or something? Or maybe not seat them on the axle properly? No offense or anything man.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not sure why yours looks at least an inch lower all around than mine. On factory 20's, I had 2 inches between the tire and fender after fully settled and at least 2 inches of bump stop clearance in the back. Front bumps look the same.

Did you ditch the rubber that fits on top of the spring or something? Or maybe not seat them on the axle properly? No offense or anything man.

that's what I am trying to figure out as well, I have not measured from top of tire to fender but from ground to fender 34 back 33 1/2 front.:favorites13:

OP
OP
Ak47bravo

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I remember reading about people having issues with driver side sitting higher or lower than passenger and that people said it could of been the orientation of how the springs were put in.

I made double sure that I was putting the springs in the same orientation on the perches. Yes, I reused the rubber piece that goes on the top of the coil. I will go measure distance from my fender to ground in a bit.

Though the bed of this truck was removed about a month ago ish. I had been rear ended. So I wonder if there is some kind of spacer or rubber piece that would go between the bed and the frame where the bed mounts. Just a thought.

I am not sure why my experience has been different than most. [emoji51]

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
David, did your rear suspension look similar?

Yes, but I spent a lot of time and money fixing the issues... I replaced: shocks, endlinks front & rear, panhard bar, control arm bushings, etc..

This is the complete list of everything I had to do to get lowered and driving really well with zero issues. It is well worth it to get it dialed in, imo.

Attachments

• 1dRLoweringList.JPG
    1dRLoweringList.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
Ak47bravo

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, but I spent a lot of time and money fixing the issues... I replaced: shocks, endlinks front & rear, panhard bar, control arm bushings, etc..

This is the complete list of everything I had to do to get lowered and driving really well with zero issues. It is well worth it to get it dialed in, imo.

I would think the only difference between your set up and mine that would keep you from hitting the bump stops like I do would be the QA1's IMO. No? Otherwise, our setups are very similar.

OP
OP
Ak47bravo

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I could not wait any longer... the rear seems to be worse as the springs are starting to settle. I went ahead and ordered the CS 1/2 drop. We will see how it goes!

*** Also, I googled promo codes for them and found a 10% off code. Instacrown ***

Last edited:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would think the only difference between your set up and mine that would keep you from hitting the bump stops like I do would be the QA1's IMO. No? Otherwise, our setups are very similar.

Yes, that is true. Firmer shocks can make a huge difference...
I did cut down my bump stops over and inch, too. I was referring to all of the issues that came up for me... (clunking panhard bar, metal on metal clanking of front sway bar and endlinks, clunking control arms, soft bouncy shocks, etc.)

OP
OP
Ak47bravo

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, that is true. Firmer shocks can make a huge difference...
I did cut down my bump stops over and inch, too. I was referring to all of the issues that came up for me... (clunking panhard bar, metal on metal clanking of front sway bar and endlinks, clunking control arms, soft bouncy shocks, etc.)

Ah, gotcha.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I could not wait any longer... the rear seems to be worse as the springs are starting to settle. I went ahead and ordered the CS 1/2 drop. We will see how it goes!

*** Also, I googled promo codes for them and found a 10% off code. Instacrown ***

Sweet. Post pics & reviews when the Crown Springs go in. I think a 1/2 drop is much more suitable for me & what I do w/ my truck

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

thanks brother, I'm dialed in right now (as in the parts are sitting in the garage ready to install) with: Spohn adj upper/lower and panhard, belltech 2/4 kit, Hellwig front/rear sway bars, Moog F-150 front sway bar links, Hellwig adj rear swaybar links and some Toyo V rated rubber.

Watching and learning!:naughty: