Rear sway bar angle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzBlkExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the hellwig rear sway bar installed with a 5 inch rear drop, im using the McGaughys shorter rear links but those are really intended for a 4 inch drop. I have the Inez kit on order and plan on going to a 6 or maybe 7 inch rear drop and am wondering should the rear sway bar be ideally parallel to the ground, tip pointing up slightly or down slightly? I don't know enough about the geometry and what effect each option would have. I dont mind changing the links I just dont know what angle I should be using. Any experts or someone who can point me to a knowledge base?

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
when I did the Inez 4/6 I took it to be aligned, I asked performance shop owner that all he does is suspension work. He told me that the sway should be level with the ground. He also said that it could be a little tilted down like an inch but not more than that. But ideally it should be level.
I have the Hellwig adjustable end links so once I go to 5/7 drop I'll adjust the end link and be set.
Adjustable End-links | Hellwig Products

OP
OP
C

CzBlkExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, thats what I was thinking would be correct. Once I get the ride height I want I will measure and get links to have the angle correct.

Thanks,