Running 2" Rear Leveling Coil Springs w/Bag Combo Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Greetings,

I have TLC bags for towing and getting the itch to drop the rear of the truck to match the front ride height. Anyone running 2" rear leveling kit along with a similar bag setup? I reached out to TLC and they said it could be done, but I'll need to modify the frame and unable to tell me how due to liability issues. To sum it up, trying to find what what's needed to make this work if possible. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EJR_3

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
lots of people running airlift bags for a durango and 2-4" drop out back with no issues.

That's the only thing I keep seeing. I'm looking for info on bags that mount to the axle.

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why do you want to run frame mounted bags?

Been running the durango bags and a 3" drop in the rear for years. I tow a 25' trailer with bikes in the box all the time with no issue.

OP
OP
EJR_3

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Why do you want to run frame mounted bags?

Been running the durango bags and a 3" drop in the rear for years. I tow a 25' trailer with bikes in the box all the time with no issue.

Preference. When I was doing research while bag shopping, found people that switched from the helper springs that mount between the springs to the kit I have or something similar. It provides a smoother ride and more leveling.

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Preference. When I was doing research while bag shopping, found people that switched from the helper springs that mount between the springs to the kit I have or something similar. It provides a smoother ride and more leveling.

Sounds like you already have the frame mount kit.
Can't say I have seen my bags perform any different than the frame mount ones.
The durango bags help with ride comfort when empty and level the truck out great when I'm all loaded up. And they are much cheaper....

Would be a shame to hack up a frame mount kit to get the same result as the spring style bags.

OP
OP
EJR_3

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sounds like you already have the frame mount kit.
Can't say I have seen my bags perform any different than the frame mount ones.
The durango bags help with ride comfort when empty and level the truck out great when I'm all loaded up. And they are much cheaper....

Would be a shame to hack up a frame mount kit to get the same result as the spring style bags.

Yup, mentioned it in the first post that I have the TLC kit. I called around and hearing that the two inch drop in the springs isn't enough to change anything so it'll be plug and play. Just would like to hear from someone who already travelled down this road.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio