School Me Panhard Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, so I purchased this truck last year and it already has what I am pretty confident is a McGaughys 2/4 drop. I think its there economy drop kit because I "think" I have stock shocks in the back. Will have to confirm later... Anyways I do NOT have any issues really with any kind of "wagging" that I know of but every so often on the highway, if I go over a bump on a corner the rear end shifts. Also If I am doing a higher rate of speed 95+ the truck kind of bounces from side to side if I hit a dip in the road. Kind of like trailer wobble (Sort of.)

I keep hearing about the Spohn adjustable panhard bars, and I know they help with centering the rear end but how do I know if I need one and what exactly will it help by itself. Another note is I do not have a rear sway bar either.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
look on both sides of the truck and compare both rear wheels and see if one is pushed in or out vs the other.

thebeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have the McGaughys 2/4 drop .Get a hellwig rear sway bar. I don't notice any sway in the rear. My problem is the rear sway bar end links, they squeak . I can't stand the noise. There is a thread on end links in this section , gonna change mine out to something better.

Last edited:

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
loosen the sway bar links and lithium grease them, do not over tighten them. To tight and the will squeak again quickly.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ok, so I purchased this truck last year and it already has what I am pretty confident is a McGaughys 2/4 drop. I think its there economy drop kit because I "think" I have stock shocks in the back. Will have to confirm later... Anyways I do NOT have any issues really with any kind of "wagging" that I know of but every so often on the highway, if I go over a bump on a corner the rear end shifts. Also If I am doing a higher rate of speed 95+ the truck kind of bounces from side to side if I hit a dip in the road. Kind of like trailer wobble (Sort of.)

I keep hearing about the Spohn adjustable panhard bars, and I know they help with centering the rear end but how do I know if I need one and what exactly will it help by itself. Another note is I do not have a rear sway bar either.

To bad you're in Texas,i have a used Spohn bar i'd sell you,i replaced it with a heavy duty adjustable bar from Cutter-Up performance up here in Calgary,it's twice the bar the Spohn bar is.But shipping the spohn bar to you would be unrealistic.

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To bad you're in Texas,i have a used Spohn bar i'd sell you,i replaced it with a heavy duty adjustable bar from Cutter-Up performance up here in Calgary,it's twice the bar the Spohn bar is.But shipping the spohn bar to you would be unrealistic.

Man that sucks.