Spohn Arms on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got them installed..... Only took 6-7 months.. Wasn't too bad got them on and adjusted to 90% I think. Didn't have time to get them dialed in to where they are perfect. Going to take it over to a buddies shop tuesday and put it on the alignment rack and play with the pinion angle, its alot easier in the pit then trying to crawl my 6'-0" 215lb ass under a lowered truck to adjust them.

Did get rid of the driveline vibration I had though, so its atleast one half assed step closer being dialed in right.

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got them installed..... Only took 6-7 months.. Wasn't too bad got them on and adjusted to 90% I think. Didn't have time to get them dialed in to where they are perfect. Going to take it over to a buddies shop tuesday and put it on the alignment rack and play with the pinion angle, its alot easier in the pit then trying to crawl my 6'-0" 215lb ass under a lowered truck to adjust them.

Did get rid of the driveline vibration I had though, so its atleast one half assed step closer being dialed in right.

Nice!! I'll be curious to see what you have to say about them once you get some miles driven.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The clunking or noise of the arms takes a little getting used to but I picked up .6 seconds off the quarter according to the Trinity 1/4 mile tracker. I have always been pretty consistent with it and ended up .6 down after the install on a few play around passes.

So far happy with them

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I cant wait til I install mine. They are just sitting there looking at me...lol

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cant wait til I install mine. They are just sitting there looking at me...lol

Don't wait as long as I did... :roflsquared: Its kinda hard to really feel a difference driving except at a hard launch from a dig. Seems like I get less flex in the rear from switching from the rubber bushing to the spherical bushing. I felt it a few time hook up better or more crisp. my wheel spin seemed a little less, but that can be attributed to road conditions and my foot feathering the throttle better at launch.

All in all I'm happy with them so far. Not super expensive and the best wat to get things realigned on a lowered truck.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If I have a chance I will give it a go this weekend. Did you put them at the correct torque specs or just guesstimate it?

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put all the control arm bolts to 150lbs, not sure what they are supposed to be but that was the torq I found for a 5/8" bolt.

I probably should have read the instructions...

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put all the control arm bolts to 150lbs, not sure what they are supposed to be but that was the torq I found for a 5/8" bolt.

I probably should have read the instructions...

This might help. :favorites13:

Attachments

• Torq Ratings For Suspension Components.jpg
    Torq Ratings For Suspension Components.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 73
OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@davidram are the control arm or link bolts to chassi grade 5 or grade 8?
or did I read it wrong that they are 110lbs?

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@davidram are the control arm or link bolts to chassi grade 5 or grade 8?
or did I read it wrong that they are 110lbs?

It's 200 on both ends of the lowers, and 120 on both ends of the uppers.

I don't remember the factory bolts, but I did replace mine with grade 8 when I did my Spohn adj arms a few years ago... I always like to use new/upgraded hardware when installing new parts.

Just check the lines on the bolt head and see what grade they are (3 lines for 5, 6 lines for 8)

CzBlkExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question on installing the arms, I started to try and install mine a couple months ago but I had a hard time getting the bolts out. The nut came off fine but getting the bolts out of the mounts seemed like something was wrong. I have never removed bolts on suspension arms before, is it normal for them to be so hard to remove? I think I could have just left the impact on reverse and eventually it would have worked its way out but I wasn't sure.

I didn't have any trouble with the sway bar link mounts or the panhard rod.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll have to double check... Thought they were 8's. But since you mention it maybe I'll swing by CAT by my house and pick up a set of grade 10 fine thread bolts and some Crush nuts. Might be a little spendy but worth it if you ask me. I like to over build.

also need to put some more torq to them when I get home tonight.
uppers are good just need to tighten the lowers

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question on installing the arms, I started to try and install mine a couple months ago but I had a hard time getting the bolts out. The nut came off fine but getting the bolts out of the mounts seemed like something was wrong. I have never removed bolts on suspension arms before, is it normal for them to be so hard to remove? I think I could have just left the impact on reverse and eventually it would have worked its way out but I wasn't sure.

Was the truck on a lift, jacks or the ground?

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You need to support the rear end as it will move and bind the bolts. just takes a little work and position to get the pressure off the bolt to get it to slide out. we used a adjustable tripod stand while up in the air, I also put a strap around the axle to hold in place once all weight was off the truck.

CzBlkExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was on jack stands under the frame with a floor jack supporting the rear axle. I tried raising it up and down to different positions trying to find a sweet spot where it didnt bind, but I was by myself and didnt want to get into something I couldnt get out of.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my axle shifted forward also, we just used a prybar and a ratchet strap to pull it back to relieve the pressure against it. It was a definite help to have another set of hands, one to move the axle the other to work the bolt. We did once arm at a time. figured it would be easier that way.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Tight as ****, that's what I torqued mine to lol.

As far as install, put the truck up on jackstands and put a jack under the axle so you can move it up and down easily to get the bolts in and out.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make sure to purchase the del-sphere tool if you have those fittings on the ends of yours and snug them up before install. You won't get any of the clunking sounds. Been having mine from my 2013 for over 2 years now and kinda tuned the clunking sound out. Decided to get the tool after reading a few post on here, tightened the fittings up as much as I could, and no more clunking!

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You guys have a part number I could search?