Spohn Suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redrik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2013 quad cab 2wd. All black with chrome 22" SRT reps.
I am going to do the 2" rear drop and hell wig sway bars.
Questions come regarding the spohn parts. I plan to do upper and lower control arms and panhard bar. Ive been doing a lot of reading but I'm still not sure if i need the adjustable or not. I figured the adjustable wasn't needed being its only getting lowered 2"

Hopefully someone can clarify for me.
Thanks

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you may be able to get by with just the upper arms for pinion angle adjustment. I would play the panhard bar by ear, check center after the lowering and upper arms installed. I found that the lower arm measurements after install of uppers was less than .25" difference.

thebeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I wouldn't buy it yet . Do your 2" inch rear drop and see how it goes. I have all the spohn adjustable , qa1 shocks , and hellwig bars on my RCSB 2/4 drop. Good stuff, but you may not need it.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
At only a 2" rear drop, I would just go with the non adjustable arms control arms and adjustable panhard bar.

OP
OP
R

Redrik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry i should have clarified, i will be getting the 2" springs and the rear sway bar first.
It will be a one at a time process after that, I'm just trying to get all the information so i do it right the first time.
And so i know which one to buy in the right order.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Imo I would get the adjustable ones just in case you want to go lower later on down the road.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whats the purpose of buying the arms? Why do you want them?

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
performance and stability will come from the sway bar and panhard bar, arms are for adjustments coming from the lowering kit. Finding out now that the Spohn arms can be a headache because they get clunky after break in and need to be tightened up every so often.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
performance and stability will come from the sway bar and panhard bar, arms are for adjustments coming from the lowering kit. Finding out now that the Spohn arms can be a headache because they get clunky after break in and need to be tightened up every so often.

DING DING DING

I wouldn't waste my money for a 2" drop with the arms. They require tightening pretty frequently, and can be a bit of a hassle. Add a spohn adjustable panhard, and a big hellwig sway bars.

A cpouple threads down you'll see a thread about us complaining about the spohn bars

OP
OP
R

Redrik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
got it. thanks guys, i have been reading that and it does sound like a hassle.
last question, with the rear sway bar do i need the adjustable 8-11" end links?
i have a sway bar on now i just wondered if the beefier bar would react better with those end links

thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963