thinking of going lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ok i already have my truck lowered 2/4 but im thinking it could use a little more. i was thinking of getting drop spindles for the front to make it 4 inches in front but in the back im lost. what could i do to get 2 extra inches lower in the back and do you guys think itll have enough clearance without having to c-notch it. the only thing ive found so far is people cutting down the springs till its where they want it but im not sure how the ride would be affected and if that would cause some kind of safety issue or not?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
MOAR LOW! (sorry, it's the VW scene coming out in me)

That being said, I think you'll run out of upward travel on the control arm mounts here pretty quick. You going that low, might as well just bag the rear, shave all the factory mounts etc off the frame and do it all again.

trev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine already has a 2/5 on it, and I literally just dropped it off at my buddies shop to go lower. We removed the bump stops, I know it sounds ********, but they were already stopping it from going lower. We've already cut the rear springs so it's sittin at 2/7 now. I left to get ready for work and he's finishing the front to make it 3 or 4/7. I'll get ya a few pics when I get it back.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
cool let me know how it rides and how are you getting the rear end back to center after lowering the back so much?

trev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
cool let me know how it rides and how are you getting the rear end back to center after lowering the back so much?

Back to center? I don't guess I understand? Lol we've already done the rear, I had it at about 5 1/2 before and we cut the springs down to 7 and removed the bump stops. It's all good to go, just waiting on him to finish the front. I won't have pics tonight though, it'll be dark when I get off.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352754809.123153.jpg
That's it before we started.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352754839.144850.jpg
This is a truck down in Texas I'm tryin to compete with lol I'd like to sit that low.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The way the rear end is set up if you lower it it pushes it out towards the passenger side so it's not centered... And I think that truck was actually lowered a different way then what you did if it's the one I've talked to that guy c notched it and relocated where the spring sits on top to get it to lower more from the rear

trev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The way the rear end is set up if you lower it it pushes it out towards the passenger side so it's not centered... And I think that truck was actually lowered a different way then what you did if it's the one I've talked to that guy c notched it and relocated where the spring sits on top to get it to lower more from the rear

I actually just talked to him, he relocated a ton of stuff... Lol but my bed still sits in the center..

Update: I just talked to my buddy, he cut to much and the tires were in the fender wells, and couldn't turn lol good thing I have my old set of springs! I got them to him and he's fixing it tomorrow while I'm in school. I'll put it up at 2 and get some pics for ya!

Last edited:

trev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352843803.534560.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352843816.332220.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352843832.396741.jpg

Alright after a bit of trial and error, I'm now running 4" in front and about 7.5" in the rear!

The ride quality is not to bad compared to stock, but I also like how lowered trucks ride. But as always, bumps are rougher!

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Because of the geometry of the rear suspension your rear axle is now sitting farther back and is off set to one side (crab walking)

To do this properly you should install adjustable control arms and an adjustable panhard bar/track bar

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

trev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Because of the geometry of the rear suspension your rear axle is now sitting farther back and is off set to one side (crab walking)

To do this properly you should install adjustable control arms and an adjustable panhard bar/track bar

I have the drop kit control arms. My bed is straight, I even asked my buddy if he checked it and he said the same thing.

As for the Clarence in the rear, I'd say probably 2 inches.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45