Track bar bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone used or know someone how has used the Belltech track bar relocation bracket with the ground force #9863 2wd QC/CC 2/3 lowering kit. And what kind of good or bad things did it do for the ground force kit. Ground force claims there kit don't need it but I'm going to say BS on there part as no matter who makes the kit when you lower our 4th gen trucks the rear geometry changes hence the spohn bars. Which leads to my next question has anyone lowered one of these trucks without the track bar relocation bracket and just used the spohn adjustable track bar any input is greatly appreciated. I love this forum for these reasons I've gotten so much useful knowledge from you guys so thanks to all

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have no experience with mixing the two, but will put this in, if the bracket is designed to work on a 4" drop it won't matter what kit is installed as long as its in the parameters of the bracket design for drop. Keeping the trackbar as parallel to the axle is what is the best for ride/handling and keeping the axle centered with the length of the vehicle.

One thing I hate with mine is if I put any weight in the bed with the modified (I think) Belltech 2/4 drop is it pushes my axle to the driverside taking the axle off center... drives me nuts.

GardysGarage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did a 4/5 drop, and used the Spohn adjustable, and everything turned out fine. I have the relocation bracket sitting in a box with all my OEM parts if your interested shoot me a pm. Reason I went with the Spohn, is because you have to drill and through bolt the relocation bracket to the existing bracket, and I preferred not to do that, so I just spent the money and went with the adjustable bar.

keg184

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just drilled a new hole in the body mount. Track bar is now level. Also I have a Adjustable Track Bar to center the rear end.

Attachments

• DSCN0167.jpg
    DSCN0167.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 836
  • DSCN0168.jpg
    DSCN0168.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 275

Slowpar R/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I just drilled a new hole in the body mount. Track bar is now level. Also I have a Adjustable Track Bar to center the rear end.

Wait a sec, did you drill the new hole after you got the adjustable track bar or before? I only ask because if all you have to do is drill a new hole to make it level again, why do they give you a bracket that requires you to drill anyway?? lol :pp:

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wait a sec, did you drill the new hole after you got the adjustable track bar or before? I only ask because if all you have to do is drill a new hole to make it level again, why do they give you a bracket that requires you to drill anyway?? lol :pp:

Is the Regular cab installation of the relocation bracket installation different from the Quad cab version, I didn't drill any holes when I installed by Belltech kit?
Just curious, or am I totally missing the point.....

keg184

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you lower your truck you need the adjustable panhard bar to center the rear axle. Instead of using the bracket I chose to drill a new hole to level the panhard bar. If you are lowering your truck you will need to level your panhard bar to have the truck handle properly.

OP
OP
thumperpa

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good idea

Good idea I may end up using your idea and making a new hole in the body mount

Slowpar R/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have the relocation bracket sitting in a box with all my OEM parts if your interested shoot me a pm. Reason I went with the Spohn, is because you have to drill and through bolt the relocation bracket to the existing bracket, and I preferred not to do that, so I just spent the money and went with the adjustable bar.

If you lower your truck you need the adjustable panhard bar to center the rear axle. Instead of using the bracket I chose to drill a new hole to level the panhard bar. If you are lowering your truck you will need to level your panhard bar to have the truck handle properly.

I get I have to relocate the panhard bar because I want to lower the truck but the above statement (bold letters) makes me think I would have to drill to make the relocation bracket work anyway; so why not just drill a new hole and just use the new hole instead of the bracket? Or am I reading that wrong? lol:crazy:

OP
OP
thumperpa

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get I have to relocate the panhard bar because I want to lower the truck but the above statement (bold letters) makes me think I would have to drill to make the relocation bracket work anyway; so why not just drill a new hole and just use the new hole instead of the bracket? Or am I reading that wrong? lol:crazy:

Not positive on this but I think the Mcgaughys bracket requires the drilling and the Belltech bracket doesn't require drilling. Couldn't tell you as to why but I've noticed every manufactures lowering kits are different but get you to the same place it's kinda frustrating actually but that's for another days rant but the bracket drilling is what I said I'm 99.9% sure I've checked both out and don't really want to use either of them. I was thinking of drilling my own hole before the above post so it was cool to see someone else did it before me. I personally think the adjustable pan hard bar is more important then the level pan hard bar when lowering "4" inches or less but that's just my opinion