Wanting to lower a 14 RAM RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I appreciate everyone help in here! I think I'm gonna go with the Belltech 2/4 with a Hellwig rear sway bar and the Ford F-150 Front sway bar links. Are there any modifications on those sway bar links to make them work or do they fit perfect? Now my last question is about the illicit brackets to center the rear axle. Are those actually needed with the hellwig rear sway?

The Ford front endlinks are a direct bolt-on.
I'm running the Illicit "Cut " brackets,and they're one of the best things I've done to the truck. I had issues with wheelhop on my lowered RCSB 4X4 and a bit of a high speed wobble above 125,. With Illicits brackets I no longer have either issue,the truck launches hard with no wheelhop,and above 125 you can literally drive it with one hand. I had both issues before hand even with Hellwigs swaybar set on the tightest setting along with their shorter adjustable endlinks,adjusted so the bar is parallel with the ground and an adjustable track bar.
The brackets are a bit of a pain to install,but well worth it in my opinion.

Last edited:

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You know it's funny how people go into threads that they have no interest in just to stir the pot... it's also funny how people take the bait. I mean really!! If you have no valuable info to add to any thread why even bother... must be me but I rather spend my time productively...

Now to get back on track...

I personally like to use the Belltech 2/4 springs only and purchased the QA1 shocks all around. I've also had the McGaughys deluxe kit, didn't like the fact that it made the front wheels stick out more than the back.

Not even going any further w/ the elephant in the room. Your right, shouldnt have even given the ***** the time of day.

I have been really thinking about swapping to the QA1 TN series shocks. They are the nonadjustable versions of the TS series. For instance the rears everyone uses is the TS-905's. I would like to try the TN-905's which is a lil easier on the pockets. I spoke w/ a guy from QA1 & he said they are more firm than the Belltech Street Performers, rebuildable & come w/ the same nice material.

The f150 front sway bar endlinks work very well. I have them on mine & they help realign the sway bar to beng more level w/ the frame.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate everyone help in here! I think I'm gonna go with the Belltech 2/4 with a Hellwig rear sway bar and the Ford F-150 Front sway bar links. Are there any modifications on those sway bar links to make them work or do they fit perfect? Now my last question is about the illicit brackets to center the rear axle. Are those actually needed with the hellwig rear sway?

Are you still "talking" about doing this?!? Pull the trigger bro! :roflsquared:

I'm just giving you a hard time... :favorites13:

If I was you I would not get the BT shocks and just run the oem to start with. Then when you feel ready to do shocks, look at the QA1s. Just IMHO...

OP
OP
Brody57

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you still "talking" about doing this?!? Pull the trigger bro! :roflsquared:

I'm just giving you a hard time... :favorites13:

If I was you I would not get the BT shocks and just run the oem to start with. Then when you feel ready to do shocks, look at the QA1s. Just IMHO...

LOL! I knew you'd chime in eventually! Yes im still talking about it! I was about to pull the trigger on the drop and my system came up. So Ive been building and saving for it. It turned out to be a monster ass system for a single cab. Now its the drops turn!

Last edited:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL! I knew you'd chime in eventually! Yes im still talking about it! I was about to pull the trigger on the drop and my system came up. So Ive been building and saving for it. It turned out to be a monster ass system for a single cab. Now its the drops turn!

Do you have a thread for it??