wobbling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the belltech 2/4 street drop on my 14 R/T and at high speeds it wobbles left to right on the factory 22s. Any advice on thi problem. Does not wobble with 17 drags.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the belltech 2/4 street drop on my 14 R/T and at high speeds it wobbles left to right on the factory 22s. Any advice on thi problem. Does not wobble with 17 drags.

Join the club. Matt swears that the hellwig swaybar will cure it so im gonna give it a try.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2015 RT 2/4 belltehc drop with Spohn Panhard Bar and Hellwig rear bar...steady as she goes!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Your next step is to add the Spohn panhard bar. For most trucks, the Hellwig rear bar will kill that wobble up to about 110-115mph, but if it still wobbles, you need to add that adjustable panhard bar as well.

Yours is strange though because it only does it on the street tires and not on the drag radials.

Jesteruno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm confused. Don't all the rams have the rear sway bar? Mine came with one so I guess all I need to buy is the panhard bar when I'm ready to drop it?

And by the sound of it, keeping the stock shocks is the way to go?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I'm confused. Don't all the rams have the rear sway bar? Mine came with one so I guess all I need to buy is the panhard bar when I'm ready to drop it?

And by the sound of it, keeping the stock shocks is the way to go?

Most rams come with a rear swaybar, but it is very thin and not very rigid. The aftermarket Hellwig bar is a much better unit, and is also adjustable. Your truck will likely still have this wobble with a 2/4 drop and the stock rear swaybar.

Slowpar R/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If it only happens when his 22s are on, it makes me think a wheel/tire is out of balance...

Jesteruno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Most rams come with a rear swaybar, but it is very thin and not very rigid. The aftermarket Hellwig bar is a much better unit, and is also adjustable. Your truck will likely still have this wobble with a 2/4 drop and the stock rear swaybar.

So the better sway bar fixes this wobble 100%?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
So the better sway bar fixes this wobble 100%?

Not on all trucks. I would say that 90% of trucks will not notice any wobble below 110mph with the Hellwig swaybar. As has been posted here, 2 different trucks only experience wobble with a certain set of wheels/tires. That sounds like a balance issue, but the OP has had his wheels/tires checked a couple times now, and they are in perfect balance, yet the truck still wobbles.

If your truck still wobbles with the upgraded swaybar, then I would also add a Spohn adjustable panhard bar to center your axle. Between the adjustable panhard and Hellwig rear swaybar, I don't know any trucks with this combo that experience any wobble in the rear.

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not on all trucks. I would say that 90% of trucks will not notice any wobble below 110mph with the Hellwig swaybar. As has been posted here, 2 different trucks only experience wobble with a certain set of wheels/tires. That sounds like a balance issue, but the OP has had his wheels/tires checked a couple times now, and they are in perfect balance, yet the truck still wobbles.

If your truck still wobbles with the upgraded swaybar, then I would also add a Spohn adjustable panhard bar to center your axle. Between the adjustable panhard and Hellwig rear swaybar, I don't know any trucks with this combo that experience any wobble in the rear.

If his two different tire setups are two different overall heights, that will change what his panhard bar length needs to be. Overall height may be causing the wobble in that case. Going from one tire height to another.

My **** came with no swaybar. :emotions122: I am getting ready to install a Hellwig with Mcgaughys leveling springs this weekend. If I don't like how the rear end is centered, I will be ordering a Spohn. Performance mods start next. :naughty:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
My RCSB Express didnt come out as well with a sway bar, I think most CC and QC's do though.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yup, did the Hellwig front and rear, like on rails now :D

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
So what exactly is causing this wobble? I see this complaint on several web sights but know now has explained what is causing it.
I have thought about lowering my truck, I have lowered every other truck I have ever owned but with no clear cut information on this problem I can't go forward with lowering.
Anyone ever take there truck in for a 4 wheel alignment after lowering? That my very well point the finger at the problem.

Jesteruno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So what exactly is causing this wobble? I see this complaint on several web sights but know now has explained what is causing it.
I have thought about lowering my truck, I have lowered every other truck I have ever owned but with no clear cut information on this problem I can't go forward with lowering.
Anyone ever take there truck in for a 4 wheel alignment after lowering? That my very well point the finger at the problem.

Why we wobble - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

Jesteruno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

http://www.ramforum.com/f39/why_we_wobble-45083/