01 RAM OFF-ROAD, Ft Worth Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WPH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hello, My name is William and I just recently bought a new(to me) 2001 Ram 1500, 4x4 Offroad Edition.

220,000 and looks like it needs a bit of work.

First off I had to replace the windshield which wasn't that big of a deal.

They previous owner told me the heater core is bad because they're hearing a gurgling sound behind the dash, but i'm not noticing any coolant or liquid on the passenger floor of the cab, however I am seeing my coolant levels drop after a decent trip, so the next thing i think I need to do is the water pump, because it's squealing a bit when driving and i'm noticing a little bit of a coolant drip after I drive it a short distance. I'm hoping the gurgling is just air in the lines.

All in all, it's a great truck and I talked them down a bit on the price so I expected to have to do a bit of work to it. Anyone in the area free next week to do some work?

15697207_10154868841358044_7197566394944158625_n.jpg

OP
OP
W

WPH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well, i took it to the shop today to get the waterpump done and come to find out the water pump is fine, but the fan clutch is bad, as well as a big crack in the radiator. so we're replacing those tomorrow morning. The price is about the same so it worked out.

Will probably tackle(if need be) the heater core next month.