05 Dodge (full size) rock crawler/expedition build NEWBIE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gun45boat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
New to the "dodge scene" I have been a "toyota builder" for years, and wanted to try to make a full size Dodge into a capable trail rig:)

I think I pulled it off, and made an "expedition type" rig out of a 2005 Dodge 2500 Long bed single cab...

Shortened up the wheel base 22" to make it easier to get down a trail LOL ARB lockers front and rear KORE and Carli suspension PSC ram assist ETC ETC ETC I dont want to bore you with the details./ the list goes on... No expense was spared on this build!!!!!! Sitting on 40's

Enjoy the pics,,, Her maiden voyage (to pop her cherry) is this weekend in Hardrock ORV park in Ocala Fl.

Attachments

• D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,823
  • D2.jpg
    D2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 6,444
  • D3.jpg
    D3.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 773
  • D4.jpg
    D4.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 17,289
  • D5.jpg
    D5.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 3,757

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man, that things a beast...are you from Florida? Welcome to the big show!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hit up JJ for some tinted taillights! Bahaha!

that thing looks like a BEAST! I'm sure it'll be a fun one!

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Man that's pretty sweet, did you do the fabrication yourself?
Have you considered switching the taillight to opposite sides?

OP
OP
G

gun45boat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the props. Yes, I did everything myself, I dont like anyone else working on my ****. I sold my rock hopper buggy (a person offered me stupid amounts of money for it at a gas station) on tons/V8 tube chassis. I took the funds and wanted to build a rig that nobody else has done, And I have always liked the looks of the 3rd gen Dodge ram, and it had the CHOICE drivetrain to build a tough rig from with a few mods.

I didnt think about swapping out the tail lights (good idea) I will take a look. Yes I am from Orlando Florida. Heading out west to do a 5 week Moab/Rubicon run from April15th to May 23rd, and on the way back to FLorida will hit up the Badlands in SD, So this rig was purpose built to do this run in April. My Last run to these places were in a built buggy.. It was a 5 week build working EVERY evening after work. The front of the exo is not complete, still trying to find a good design to work around the front grill/ hood (any suggestions)??:):):p)

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
That is an awesome rig and definitely one of a kind. Can't wait to see some pics of it in action!

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
thats an awesome build, i have to ask about your lighting though, i only see 4 lights up front, is that really enough for night running of the terrain you built that rig to do, or is there something more im not seeing?

OP
OP
G

gun45boat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks , If you look closely at the upper exo cage above the front windshield, you will notice a "hood" or an outcrop of tube, that is going to house the 43" dual row LED lightbar, it also has the undercarriage LED lighting for all 4 wheel wells for the rocks. The lights are at the shop, we have just not had the time to install. The front lights are PIAA units with the elongated spread on the output (very bright), the LED light bar is so fawking bright in will give you weld burns and take the paint off the hood if left on to long LOL... JK, but the LED light bar is STUPID bright..

The rig is not complete. the front of the EXO needs to be complete//lighting//Supercharger on the Hemi (in shop, just havent had the time to install) GPS system inside, and the transmission tuner etc. and installs of all the little **** on the rear.. I am not in a rush, because I need to get it out on the rocks and beat on her to see where she is weak, before I go any further with the Expedition part of the build.

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is one crazy rig, I admire the craftsmanship that went into building it. I think the cab should be painted a Mopar high impact color and not white. Cool truck!

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Wow thats nasty, it looks like it could survive an explosion.

on tapatalk from my GS3....

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What kind of stuff goes in that top storage?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that is bad ass

OP
OP
G

gun45boat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
HAHAHA "high impact color" I am thinking to myself " damn, that is freaking cool,, I have never heard of that" that that is some sort of paint that can handle scrapes and dents on a small scale and help protect against a mild flop on the ground, like some some sort of armored paint LOLOLOLOL SWEET!!!!! ********NOT*******

So I Google'd it, and it turns out to be the bright annoying ass "look at me" colors that Mopar offers its customers on there HP cars. I appreciate the suggestion, but you will see after this weekend, the paint will be scraped off the doors, and the multiple dents will test the engineering of the Mopar paint and the quality of metal they use on the doors LOL :bowroflwerd6:

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
HAHAHA "high impact color" I am thinking to myself " damn, that is freaking cool,, I have never heard of that" that that is some sort of paint that can handle scrapes and dents on a small scale and help protect against a mild flop on the ground, like some some sort of armored paint LOLOLOLOL SWEET!!!!! ********NOT*******

So I Google'd it, and it turns out to be the bright annoying ass "look at me" colors that Mopar offers its customers on there HP cars. I appreciate the suggestion, but you will see after this weekend, the paint will be scraped off the doors, and the multiple dents will test the engineering of the Mopar paint and the quality of metal they use on the doors LOL :bowroflwerd6:

i cant wait to see it after its test run! :driver: