545rfe issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moneypit2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi im new to your forum thanks for having me. I have a 2006 ram 2500 and been having lots of trans issues since i got it about a year ago. I replaced it once and now its on the fritz again. Joined the forum hoping to get some triabal knowlege from ram owners i owned a 99 ford psd for 9 years before the ram. Got a good buy on it but the transmission issues are killing me. And my budget dont allow me to buy a rebuild not to mention most shops around here wont rebuild it unless they install it any advise would be cool

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
What kind of issues are you having? A proper rebuild will cost about 3K, I know this first hand.

OP
OP
M

Moneypit2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well used is all i can afford now just dont have 3000 the last used trans worked great until one day i went to leave work and it was slipping like crazy i think it went into limp mode i got it home read codes had p0700 and all the p0733 and related wrong gear ratio codes. I let it sit went out and then seemed fine so changed the fluids filters and all was good for a month then same deal only this time its not coming out of it and its worse sometimes it will go foward then not reverse is back and has been for good wont go foward when it does its only 2nd and first

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:welcome::party36: Don't rebuild, or buy rebuild, you can do like I did and purchase a remanufactured performance built 454RFE trans. from Smart Parts Auto, on their internet site for less than $2,000.00. Three year, unlimited mileage warranty included.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a junk yard trans with 40k on it for $950. Now I just need to know what all I should replace on the outside of it before I put it in.

I got speed sensors but that’s it. I am guessing there is a lot more I need. I have the filters and a new pan and valve body to use as well.

Anyone have a list of what to replace I. The outside of a 545RFE before install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
If you don't get the responses you need from someone in the know, I can pull down the 2010 Alldatadyi.com for transmission removal and installation. It should call out various connections and as a result, the parts in question.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't get the responses you need from someone in the know, I can pull down the 2010 Alldatadyi.com for transmission removal and installation. It should call out various connections and as a result, the parts in question.

This would be awesome. Can you email it or is it a link I can download from?

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Shoot me a PM with your email. The datasheets are too long for so many screenshots.

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I got a junk yard trans with 40k on it for $950. Now I just need to know what all I should replace on the outside of it before I put it in.

I got speed sensors but that’s it. I am guessing there is a lot more I need. I have the filters and a new pan and valve body to use as well.

Anyone have a list of what to replace I. The outside of a 545RFE before install?

Make sure you flush out the cooler lines and have the cooler flushed or replace it.
The cooler is probably the most overlooked thing that can cause repeat trans failure

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio