First Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Howdy everyone. Just bought a '14 Crew Cab 1500 Big horn truck in black to pull my race car trailer, and be my DD. This is my first gas truck since my 1988 W100 318 rig that I had as a teenager. I've owned 6 Cummins powered trucks, several "fast cars" and a couple unmentionables.
A little about me. I've always been a gear head. Used to spend hours with Tonka trucks in the yard, and drag racing Johnny Lightnings in the living room. Started drag racing in 1998 in a Jr Dragster, bought my first car (70 Plymouth Duster 340 for $850, it had a rough life to that point) when I was 14, and raced that and some dedicated dragsters ever since. I ran my own business doing bed liners and industrial coating after high school. Went into mining when the economy tanked doing blasting then industrial maintenance. Now I am a Class A CDL driver who hauls explosives and some blasting work.
Now the truck. It's the big cab with Alpine stereo, sun roof, other bells and whistles. With my background I have a disease that makes me need to modify everything I own. It's all stock now, but not for very long. My list of stuff I want to do:
Vararam intake, hemifever Diablo tuning, some sort of exhaust, Airlift bags, Kore HP Series suspension, better looking wheels and tires (unsure of what yet), dark tint all around.
I'm totally open to recommendations on parts from those with experience. I'm unsure what exhaust I'll do since my racing friend does pipe work, and I'd like to see if he can build me a custom system. Eventually I'll do headers, but that's a long way down the line.
Since some may be curious, my Duster has a 408 stroker small block that runs 11.50s at Firebird Raceway in Boise. It's a pro class bracket car that has made me lots of money over the years. It's also a pump gas street car that I occasionally cruise town in. It rides in a 28' RC dual sport v-nose trailer that has a loaded weight around 8500#. Hopefully the Hemi hauls it well.

I'll get truck pictures when it quits raining.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 54

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GzNutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Welcome!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
post pictures! everyone loves pictures

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome!!! Glad to have you here. Quite a hot rod you got there!!!
Jay

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Thanks for joining, it's great to have you here

Tony :rockit: