Greetings (again) from Central SC.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Greetings (again) from Central SC.

Technically this is a re-introduction, I was on the site some time ago - I was surprised my account was still available and active, and at first login, it said my last log in was some time in 2012.

My first Ram was a Yellow 2009 QC 4x4 SLT with the 4.7. Loved the truck, but a year later, gas was pushing $4/gal here (much higher other places) and with my 80+ mile commute, the gas was killing me. I thought to pick up a cheap Civic or some such, but the wife convinced me that I should get something nicer if I was going to spend that much time in it. So, sadly I traded the truck on a Mazda 3. Great car, but not a truck.

So, here we are today. I'm retired AF, and have been working for years a a contractor out at Shaw AFB. The new A6 started making some changes I didn't want to deal with, so I found a job closer to home at Ft Jackson. With a much shorter commute, I started missing my truck more. So in Nov 16, I sold the Mazda to my brother and between the wife's Ford Edge and a couple cheap bikes, I've been getting around while looking for a truck.

I'd wanted something I could buy outright, but after many months of watching CL and missing out on several good deals, the wife convinced me we could afford some payments. So I started look for something a bit newer.

It was a toss up between a loaded Yellow 09 SLT, or a 13 Tradesman with the 3.6. I was leaning towards the tradesman, but even though the truck had been on the lot for almost 6 months, the salesman didn't want to deal. So, I got the 09.

I don't know who ordered the truck originally, but seems he might have wanted a Laramie. Its an SLT, but has a lot of options (compared to my old SLT) - leather, heated/cooled seats, Alpine stereo w/NAV, remote start, sport front, quad and fog lights, hemi...

So far, I'm enjoying the truck. Not loving the mpg, but it's actually about the same as the 4.7 was so far. I haven't taken any trips with it yet so we'll see how it goes on the highway. Also looking forward to getting a small travel trailer.

Sorry to be so long winded, I'll try to keep it down.

picture.php

Last edited:

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

axhoaxho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats! Truck is looking sharp.

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Love that truck, thanks for joining.

Tony

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome back. Looks like you actually got a sport which as you can tell can be optioned out pretty nicely

OP
OP
Wahrsuul

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the welcome. Haven't ridden the bikes in a couple weeks, enjoying driving the truck still. According to the build sheet, it's an SLT with Sport package? Not sure what all that entails, but I know it's pretty much what I wanted my old SLT to look like. Thinking I might want painted grille, but it's beautiful the way it is.

Just had a set of AMP power Steps put on. My wife is partially disabled, and needs the help getting in. They're at a great midpoint on the truck, and she loves them. Expensive, but worth it for us.

Last edited: