Greetings from Northern Mexico

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
Hello from the other side of the Wall.
I just signed up yesterday and I would like to thank everyone for all the interesting posts found on this forum. I have learnt a lot about Ram trucks.

Seeing everyone's pictures is quite entertaining and enlightening.

I bought my first Ram truck about a month ago.
2011 Sport 4x4.
An this is where things get interesting:
Trucks in Mexico are sold differently than in the U.S. They sell them under different configurations and most of the time under different names.
For example, mine is called "Sport 4x4."
But this one is different from the Sport sold in the U.S. If you want to buy one like that sold in the US you would have to buy the "R/T" and I believe that one doesn't come in 4x4.

Another frustrating thing to me is that I don't know if my truck is 1500 or 2500. I have looked in the user's manual and found nothing. All I have is a hand written description by the dealer who sold this truck new back in 2011 the the previous owner. "Ram 2011 reg. cab. 2500 4x4," is all it says.
Since I live quite close to the US and visit it quite often, I always order my stuff there and I just pick it up.

I consider myself lucky since buying online in the US and driving 250 miles is cheaper than buying parts in Mexico.

Anyway, I bought this truck because I work on a cattle ranch. I am in the process of finding the correct hitch for me as well as a full front bumper. These are a must, over here. (as well as some light mods such as cab clearance lights!)

Anyway, hope I get to share my future experiences. Maybe we can all learn how things work between our countries in the truck market.

I have attached some pictures.
Notice how the dashboard is in Spanish and Kilometers.
It used to be illegal not have the front car plate in our vehicles. So we were forced to drill (ouch) the front bumpers of all the cars that came without a plate holder on the front.
Also, see how they don't add the 1500 or 2500 on the truck fenders. I have only seen them on the Diesel HD trucks.

Attachments

• IMG_8564.jpg
    IMG_8564.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8567.jpg
    IMG_8567.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8569.jpg
    IMG_8569.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8562.jpg
    IMG_8562.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8570.jpg
    IMG_8570.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 34

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
WELCOME to the group.And very nice truck. As you have found out tons of good info.. I am new to the Ram as well. picked up a 2015 1500 4x4 ,, .

Attachments

• DSC00245.jpg
    DSC00245.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello from the other side of the Wall.

I just signed up yesterday and I would like to thank everyone for all the interesting posts found on this forum. I have learnt a lot about Ram trucks.

Seeing everyone's pictures is quite entertaining and enlightening.

I bought my first Ram truck about a month ago.

2011 Sport 4x4.

An this is where things get interesting:

Trucks in Mexico are sold differently than in the U.S. They sell them under different configurations and most of the time under different names.

For example, mine is called "Sport 4x4."

But this one is different from the Sport sold in the U.S. If you want to buy one like that sold in the US you would have to buy the "R/T" and I believe that one doesn't come in 4x4.

Another frustrating thing to me is that I don't know if my truck is 1500 or 2500. I have looked in the user's manual and found nothing. All I have is a hand written description by the dealer who sold this truck new back in 2011 the the previous owner. "Ram 2011 reg. cab. 2500 4x4," is all it says.

Since I live quite close to the US and visit it quite often, I always order my stuff there and I just pick it up.

I consider myself lucky since buying online in the US and driving 250 miles is cheaper than buying parts in Mexico.

Anyway, I bought this truck because I work on a cattle ranch. I am in the process of finding the correct hitch for me as well as a full front bumper. These are a must, over here. (as well as some light mods such as cab clearance lights!)

Anyway, hope I get to share my future experiences. Maybe we can all learn how things work between our countries in the truck market.

I have attached some pictures.

Notice how the dashboard is in Spanish and Kilometers.

It used to be illegal not have the front car plate in our vehicles. So we were forced to drill (ouch) the front bumpers of all the cars that came without a plate holder on the front.

Also, see how they don't add the 1500 or 2500 on the truck fenders. I have only seen them on the Diesel HD trucks.

Your truck is 1500 sport regular cab 4x4. They do sell those in the US. They are actually pretty rare though. Most people don't buy a reg cab 4x4 in that nice of a package. You are right in saying the 2wd version of your truck is R/T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
Your truck is 1500 sport regular cab 4x4. They do sell those in the US. They are actually pretty rare though. Most people don't buy a reg cab 4x4 in that nice of a package. You are right in saying the 2wd version of your truck is R/T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey thanks for the input. Now Ill be able to know if I am getting the right piece when ordering online.
But I am concerned; arent 1500 not designed for off road? Maybe I am wrong.
I will be mostly using this truck for off road and hauls of no more than 9000lbs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
WELCOME to the group.And very nice truck. As you have found out tons of good info.. I am new to the Ram as well. picked up a 2015 1500 4x4 ,, From you description the 2500 4x4 tell me it is the 2500/ 3/4 ton .
Well apparently is the 1500 :/

OP
OP
C

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
WELCOME to the group.And very nice truck. As you have found out tons of good info.. I am new to the Ram as well. picked up a 2015 1500 4x4 ,, From you description the 2500 4x4 tell me it is the 2500/ 3/4 ton .
Love the colour of your truck though! I
White is not my favourite... although all my trucks have been white. Bad luck I guess. Heh

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome, like stated above you definitely have a 1500. With a lift the 1500 will do ok off-road. Don't expect it to go where modified keeps go though lol

OP
OP
C

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
Welcome, like stated above you definitely have a 1500. With a lift the 1500 will do ok off-road. Don't expect it to go where modified keeps go though lol
Glad you mentioned that. It seemed to me that this truck is quite low. I thought they came all the same. Is this truck low by default or the previous owner lowered it?
Either way I want it lifted. Do I need a full suspension kit for that?
Just a few inches. Nothing ridiculous.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Love the colour of your truck though! I
White is not my favourite... although all my trucks have been white. Bad luck I guess. Heh

I was looking for a Blue RAM till I saw my Silver one ,, Fell in love with it lol and I have seen several white ones and they do look nice

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Thanks for joining

Tony